Discussion: Dems Plan To Subpoena Full Mueller Report Day After Redacted Version Released

1 Like

Shorter message… we’re not fooling around.

20 Likes

There’s a palpable momentum building against the forces of greed and power that must be encouraged.

ETA key quotes speaking directly to leaders of Facebook and Google, and their employees:

“This is not democracy. Spreading lies in darkness, paid for by illegal cash.”

“Is this how you want history to remember you? As the handmaidens to authoritarianism?”

9 Likes

Better ask Bob Mueller for his copy, the one that Barr has is probably missing a few pages.

Russia if you are listening, please let us have the full Mueller report, and Trump’s tax returns and Trump Org’s financial statements too.

17 Likes

A subpoena is necessary for the House to properly conduct oversight. It knows Trump hatchetman Barr will redact the Mueller report in such a way to cover up multiple crimes.

15 Likes

Everybody sing!

7 Likes

Sounds like a plan. One thing we absolutely want is stuff that would, in fact, injure the reputation of the unindicted. Believe it or not we didn’t instantly lose interest in everyone who wasn’t indicted. The question isn’t whether they committed crimes, or were convictable. The question is to what extent this president and administration are grossly unfit to hold office. It’s a different but we think pretty legitimate question.

36 Likes

Nadler said that his committee is willing to take the request for the full report to court.
“It should be up to a judge—not the President or his political appointee—to decide whether or not it is appropriate for the committee to review the complete record,” the New York Democrat said earlier this month.

seems that Nadler is already assuming that Barr will ignore/defy his subpoena. Given that, I hope that his subpoena has a 24 hour deadline for compliance – no point in wasting time waiting for a response when you know what the response will be.

20 Likes

Yes, they are, and will. I Googled “Jerry Nadler issues subpoena” and what do you know, even Google can’t find an instance of Jerry Nadler issuing a subpoena. Lots of talk about doing it. Lots of committee authorizations to do it. But actually doing it? Nah.

3 Likes

Seems straightforward and obvious. “You have to show us the whole thing, the partial copy wasn’t good enough” is a more tenable and coherent legal and political position if you only formally declare it after you’ve seen aforementioned partial copy.

11 Likes

Absolutely. This is the loophole through which Barr will attempt to drive a Mack truck. What do you want to bet that Barr redacts information concerning at least one of Trump’s children?

10 Likes

They should have started with a goddamn subpoena. Playing into Barr’s delaying tactics makes it functionally being an accomplice.

2 Likes

I feel you…but I think they had to wait for Barr’s version to arrive, THEN issue a subpoena for the unredacted version. They are basically saying we are going to be issuing this subpoena the day after Barr’s version drops. Can’t move much faster, if our assumptions are correct.

19 Likes

Where’s Julian Assange when you really need him?

1 Like
5 Likes

"We ain’t playin’ "

8 Likes

He is in the can right now.

4 Likes

Beards are right, anyway:

4 Likes

Oh, come on. If you’re going to ask Russia for all of this stuff, you also have to ask for release of the pee pee tape.

1 Like

I saw two guys karaoke “under pressure”, which I first thought was a dumb choice, but it was amazing. Very difficult song, but great when it works.

3 Likes