Discussion: Democrats Block Bill Making It Much Harder For Syrian Refugees To Get To the U.S

Discussion for article #244914

Republican presidential contenders Sens. Ted Cruz (TX), Marco Rubio (FL) and Rand Paul (KY) all voted to support the bill.

Mo’ bettah they vote for a bill to restrict the Palin family from any further breeding.

God Bless America!

4 Likes

Rubio actually found the time to vote on this. What a guy.

11 Likes

In the wake of Sarah Palins return to media overexposure, the issue of refugee screening Palin family fertility emerged as a major issue both on Capitol Hill and on the campaign trail. Donald Trump has suggested that the U.S. should go much further than simply making it harder for Syrian refugees to move to the U.S. Palins to breed, and that the government should ban all Muslims from entering the country any Palin from breeding under any circumstance.

MAKE 'MURICA GREAT AGIN!WwAq@!!2!1Q!1!wQ111!q!1!1two#3Wq!1Q!!!

4 Likes

According to Sarah Palin, we should be blocking our own returning vets, like her violent son.

2 Likes

I like being reminded why I want the Dems to win. This strongly reminds me of why…

9 Likes

I basically came on here to say the same thing. It’s nice to be reminded, every now and again, why I support the Democratic party. This makes me proud. Well done.

3 Likes

Indeed. We are a party with its problems but we care about others. Fucking republicans.

2 Likes

The last 7 years under Obama have been making America great again because he gives a shit. These people of making America great again is to send more people into poverty, and more rich people richer

6 Likes

That was in response to AnnieW’s post, for the record. I musta not replied to her directly. Just wanted to give credit where it was due.

“Senate Dems Block GOP Bill Tightening Entry For Syrian Refugees”

I don’t understand why they’re complaining…I mean, who doesn’t like a tight entry?

I’d type “rimshot” but that might only compound the double entendre.

2 Likes

Democratic presidential contender Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) also was there and voted against it.

Ah, no Sanders wasn’t there and didn’t vote.

Check the Congressional Record.

Fact fail by the AP, Lauren Fox and TPM.

The World Wide War hawks are at it again. Declaring Syrians as part of their axis of hatred and fear.

If ever there was a group of people put together with the intention of offending a very diverse group of others and using them as pawns in their schemes, it’s definitely the Republican Party.
Their list of potential future peoples to offend includes, wait- that’s too long, the shorter list is who they cling to, the other war hawks and haters, the ultra-religious, gun-totin’ patriots and sorta kinda strict constitutionalists that misconstrue original intent at will and all of these have to pigmentation challenged to the point of being see through.

And now I understand how you completely misunderstood my comment on the other article, you again are reading something that is not there. AP did not report that Sanders voted, only TPM did. Here is what it says:
Republican presidential contenders Sens. Ted Cruz (TX), Marco Rubio (FL) and Rand Paul (KY) all voted to support the bill. According to the Associated Press, Cruz canceled campaign events to make the vote. Democratic presidential contender Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) also was there and voted against it.

Sanders is mentioned in the next sentence, completely independent of the preceding sentence. It in no way says AP reported Sanders voted. Grammar. Funny. Here is the AP article itself:
http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-01-20/senate-leader-says-no-fearmongering-on-syrian-refugee-bill
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders of Vermont missed the vote as did Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who was campaigning for Jeb Bush in New Hampshire.
AP reported it correctly.

Is simply factually not correct. If AP wire got it right (TPM didn’t include a link to the AP story) then I retract my including them (the AP) in TPM/Lauren Fox’s fact fail.

This isn’t an issue of me reading something that isn’t there since TPM’s article clear said the above passage.

But TPM’s article did not say AP said that, as you had stated. The only reference to AP was where they said AP said Cruz cancelled campaign events to make the vote.

Indeed TPM failed. Not AP.

Not a huge deal, but neither was my use of the word “numerous” trashing an entire community, when in fact I showed numerous people had made clueless posts. That was the only point I was making. I was not trashing the entire community, just them.