Discussion: Dem Senators Ask DOJ IG To Investigate Barr's Handling Of Mueller Report

1 Like

Dear Fox - It appears that there may be something wrong in the henhouse. Will you please inspect the chickens?

41 Likes

I’m ok with anything that makes the WH and Barr play defense. All that said, pressure needs to be applied to Pelosi. She either has to prove her concept of ‘oversight’ works or she has to move to a formal impeachment inquiry. Running out the clock on this and letting Trump stonewall isn’t acceptable.

32 Likes

You knew Barr was a hired gun! So why did Schumer allow Barr to be confirmed in the 1st place!

Schumer is weak!

1 Like

To give ‘several senators’ credit:

• MAZIE K. HIRONO,
  • RICHARD BLUMENTHAL,
  • KAMALA D. HARRIS,
  • EDWARD J. MARKEY,
  • TOM UDALL,
  • RON WYDEN,
  • SHELDON WHITEHOUSE,
  • PATT MURRAY,
  • CORY A. BOOKER,
  • TACK REED,
  • KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND,
  • AMY KLOBUCHAR.
39 Likes

Schumer doesn’t run the Senate.

27 Likes

Let’s see if the IG is acting the way the IG should. That’s another supposedly independent office.

15 Likes

They’ve asked white collar defense attorney Michael Horowitz to investigate? Yawn.

Just stick to using the House’s powers. I have no problem with expanding things, but Horowitz is a complete asshole and apologist who will give a milquetoast answer to keep his job. He shat on Comey and people like Strzok because it wasn’t in the interests of the white collar criminal in power. He’ll now protect Barr.

11 Likes

Run along and collect your 5 rubles and loaf of bread, Vlad…the line’s closing soon.

26 Likes

the doj ig is Michael horowitz, and was appointed in 2012, so presumably isn’t a trumpster and actually believes in the rule of law. and spent time in the sdny… :wink:

6 Likes

That’s exactly where I went with that announcement.

Use every tool in the kit, hit them from as many sides as possible, is my thinking.

If Horowitz is another shill (likely) then make him say so out in the open so nobody can ever forget or let him off the hook.

12 Likes

Roger Fox says that everything seems just fine.

1 Like

I wonder why not? McConnell ran it with less than 50 Senators just fine.

Go Ron Wyden! He never disappoints.

9 Likes

That letter is already in the wastebasket and no response will be forthcoming, but I’m hoping it is a precursor to Barr’s removal/impeachment.

3 Likes

Hirono, Markey, Blumenthal and Harris

6 Likes

Considering that Wednesday is being renamed ‘Senator Harris Day’, that letter is a pretty good prelude for tomorrow’s hearing.

Please excuse me, I have to git ‘Judiciary committee member Marsha Blackburn’ outta my head.

5 Likes

Hasn’t he caught that moth yet?

4 Likes

It helps if you decide to change all the rules unilaterally and freeze out the other team…if McConnell actually was using the procedures that the Senate used for centuries we wouldn’t be where we are. And, if the Democrats hadn’t won the House, I have no doubt that McConnell would have removed the filibuster completely to allow all kinds of crazy bills to pass.

3 Likes