Discussion: Dem Presses Whitaker On Who Advised Him On Recusal: 'Name Me Some Names'

1 Like

OK, now pull them in and see if Whitaker was telling the truth. Don’t let this bastard get away with anything.

24 Likes

Brilliant! Name Me Some Names.

13 Likes

“Gentlemen! We must protect our phony-baloney jobs!!”

11 Likes

Surprised it wasn’t…

“All of them, Katie”

23 Likes

These committee hearings need a small rule change.

That 5-minute clock should apply only to the member’s questions. It should start and stop with those.

Then the person in the hearing can’t run the clock with non-responses.

17 Likes

Yeah. That’s why he evades.

“Five minutes for lunch”… He actually said that at the break. What a stupid, arrogant prick.

The Executive Branch is going to be rapidly learning some lessons, it seems.

9 Likes

Someone during the recess must have told him to get a pair of glasses, any glasses, to wear in self-defense for the rest of the afternoon.

3 Likes

Let the 6’ -10" rat go down with the sinking ship.

He ain’t gettin’ no show on Fox. His career will be good and fucked.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Nadler’s got that covered. They’re keeping track and doing a follow up deposition.

A rule change wouldn’t do it. The witness could filibuster indefinitely.

9 Likes

Oh, I think you could break them. And it would only take a couple of examples for them to realize that they can’t hold out forever.

1 Like

I wanna know the grounds on which he made his decision…hes a lawyer he should be expected to explain his actions…

2 Likes

I guess he didn’t read his opening statement because no glasses. I missed this because I muted Louie.

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1093921245589106688

He’s completely unsuited for this job. Go back to selling toilets.

20 Likes

Moar Hank Pleze!

2 Likes

Next up, Steve Engel, the assistant attorney general of the DOJ Office of Legal Counsel, and Curtis Gannon, Engel’s principal deputy, are called before the committee and say they never had any discussions with him. Then Brad Weinsheimer, a career DOJ official, testifies that he’s “never met the guy.”

Then, with any luck, the transcripts go to Mueller and another one bites the dust.

Most transparent administration in history.™

18 Likes

“And yet Mr, Whitaker here are a list of some of your more interesting decisions” Do you still stand by these?

“…Matthew Whitaker was also a cartoonish, grifting dope who shilled for a company that hawked time-travel cryptocurrencies, Bigfoot dolls, and toilets specially designed for men with big dicks—and that was shut down for good and paid a $26 million fine to the Federal Trade Commission earlier this year for its alleged wrongdoing.”

11 Likes

So Steve Engel is a Trump appointee whose job it is to give legal advice, not ethics advice In other words, Whitaker probably “consulted” by asking “Can I legally ignore the DoJ Ethics Officers recommendations?” And Engel said “Yes”.

4 Likes

But were the Bigfoot dolls anatomically correct? Asking for a friend :sunglasses:

3 Likes