Discussion: David Duke: To Compare Trump To Hitler Really Benefits Hitler

Question to the usual suspects (tapper, McCallum, Stephanoupuls, Dana Bash, etc.)

Could you just ask this question to the Trump supporters

Questionable ties/endorsements aside, is Donald Trump just looking for votes?

1 Like

Traded in his McCain/Palin button for TRUMP!

3 Likes

**

David Duke thinks???

**

2 Likes

As a German I can attest to the fact that back home Trumps favourability ratings are pretty much tied with Hitler, so I don’t think this is going to present a problem.

Nice attempt at concern trolling though.

5 Likes

ā€œWWJD?ā€ is totally irrelevant for ā€œGod’s Own Partyā€.

More appropriate is ā€œWWHD?ā€.

What Would Hitler Do?

2 Likes

To the reasoning person, I agree.
But I think it means exactly what he wants it to mean-- to himself.
He wants to believe we are in a moment that is mainstreaming and ratifying his belief system.
Anyone with ideological leanings to the right of right-center-- either lives in fear-- or believes that fear motivates.
Both are positives to the David Dukes and their ilk.

jw1

3 Likes

or we could say Trump is enough Asshole to go around, Cruz is icing on that shit cake…

Let’s NOT invite Leiberman to do anything other than go Fμck himself…

2 Likes

NO.

They are baked in…for the Long Haul. Trump has got them. What we should watch for (and what weasels like McConnell and Ryan would want) is the ā€œpivotā€

But it will not be aimed at the people in the General the GOP normally played to (those are people who usually vote but maintain their independence and lean one way or another).

Rather it will be directed at people who are mesmerized by the name of Trump, the glitz, the Reality TV schtick, the wealth, the ā€œtrade dealsā€ nonsense that Trump espouses and, finally, his personality (which appeals to certain types of people).

There are too many politically aware posters on this site and others too who have literally guaranteed that the GOP will fall in line behind Trump. As long as the threat of a calamity or other unforeseen event could possibly flip these aforementioned Gullibles to pull the lever for Trump, Ryan and McConnell would go for Hitler himself as a GOP Nominee.

The only possible monkeywrench in the GOP plans to run Trump would be from the financial sector, which is horrified of Trump.

But, says the GOP, ā€œhate tops dollarsā€ā€¦???

3 Likes

to follow your analogy, I imagine the Pacific ocean and a shot glass.

1 Like

Flies and shit goes (tiny) Hand in (tiny) Hand…

To Compare Trump To Hitler Really Benefits Hitler

I don’t think this sounds the way former KKK leader Duke thinks it does to non-ignorant-racist people who don’t idolize and want to redeem Hitler.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Drumpf got the Louis Farrakhan thumbs up too.

I guess he really is a ā€œuniterā€ after all

3 Likes

Hmph and piffle. Trump won’t get my vote until he gets Lyndon LaRouche on board.

2 Likes

ā€œDavid Duke: Comparing Trump To Hitler Makes Hitler Look Good!ā€

I understand sales of Mein Trumpf have picked up recently.

6 Likes

Screw that. Until he gets the lizard people on board, I’lll have none of it.

3 Likes

So what? Right-wing ideology, lower taxes, and the 1% trump racism and anti-semitism every time.

1 Like

David Duke always makes his public pronouncements in front of the CSA flag. He has no choice - the flagpole is stuck up his butt.

1 Like

It may not do any damage with his current supporters but surely it will in the general election. As I noted above, when you follow the link to the ad (on youtube) there are comments below. Every single one of them is from a neo-Nazi expressing support for Trump, saying they like the ad, with a number of them making jokes about the Holocaust. I simply cannot believe that this kind of support will not totally sink Trump in the general election. I don’t buy all this talk about this being a close election. Inconceivable to me that Hillary will not win in a landslide.

1 Like

I think that Trump resembles Wilson more than the lizard people.

I guess that would make Hillary Clinton, Tela, Bill Clinton the unit monster, and Bernie, Rutherford the brave…

So…David Duke is saying when Trump’s supporters hear Trump being compared to Hitler, rather than think poorly of Trump, they think that Hitler fellow must not have been all bad? Seriously? Are they also Holocaust deniers now as well? Do they not know what happened in the gas chambers, not care, or not believe??

1 Like