Discussion: Dave Brat: Trump's Attacks On Freedom Caucus Are Result Of 'Bad Counsel'

Who is this overcooked conservative hot dog? Why is he getting any media exposure.?

6 Likes

Dave Brat is a small man who blocks people who disagree with him from his facebook page. Total coward.

5 Likes

The whole thing AHCA was a stunt, 17 days. The Freedom caucus co-operated much like Devin Nunes co-operated with Trump Info Inc.

Admit it Dave, you’re a stooge.

2 Likes

So, like everything else that’s failed since the inaug, this is not really the big guy’s fault. I get it.I was actually expecting him to say he’d been stabbed in the back by his so-called allies. Probably still will.

3 Likes

He beat Eric Cantor, and I consider it a minor blessing not to have seen Eric’s visage for the last two years,

8 Likes

“But who gave Trump the bad advice?” Poppy Harlow asked. Rep. Brat replied that it was coming from “across the board.”

All these Republicans and right-wing media psychotalkers are trying to dictate how we should think about Trumpcare’s yuge failure.

President Bannon’s radical right-wing propaganda mill, Breitbart, even went so far as to rename Trumpcare “Ryancare.”

Be patient, Republicans are still working on the best explanation for Trumpcare’s failure that will fit on a bumper sticker in order to feed it to the masses.

4 Likes

“There were more moderate members who were going to walk away from that bill at the end. That’s why the vote was pulled, right?”

Buy a clue: There may have been more moderates walking away at the end. If so, it was because it had been amended so far in your direction just to appease you all.

8 Likes

I’ll give him this: he fully lives up to his name.

8 Likes

It is a glory to behold Republican cannibalism!

5 Likes

Poor Bratwurst – you’re on Trump & President Bannon’s shit list. Own it.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Come on, Donald never wrote that much …

4 Likes

The anatomy of an in artful whine.

Introduction of whine and the posture of victimhood (emphasis, mine)

Rep. David Brat (R-VA) on Monday said that President Donald Trump was “ill-advised” to assign blame for
Republicans’ failed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare to the conservative House Freedom Caucus.“There’s
a narrative coming out, right? Everyone goes after the conservative members, always,” Brat said on CNN.

The “This so unfair” part of the whine:

“There were more moderate members who were going to walk away from that bill at the end. That’s why the vote was pulled, right?”

The attempt at inoculation from a retaliatory mean-tweet

He praised Trump for doing “an outstanding job negotiating” and said that health care policy changes are “still going to happen.”

The shifting of the definition of the problem

“The drama needs to ramp down,” Brat said.

I think this guy and his over inflated sense of his import (because after all, more than 2 years ago he successfully primaried then majority leader Cantor) and of the Freedom Caucus import is preening for something, just not sure what. Does he think DeMint is going to retire and he can takeover Heritage? It can’t be higher office b/c no way he wins a statewide race in Virginia.

6 Likes

Those are " thoughts" [ quotes marks ] –

Come on, Donald never thought that much…

2 Likes

Wow, these guys always see themselves as the victim. Everyone is always picking on the poor beleaguered RWNJs.

But please, Congressman. Continue to talk up the role and importance of the few “moderate” R’s who have not yet been hunted to extinction. Maybe you can (inadvertently) help spark the recovery of the middle ground in what used to be a mainstream political party.

2 Likes

Donald Trump was “ill-advised”

Henceforth and forevermore to be known as “Trump the Unready”.

5 Likes

"He’s been getting bad counsel from the media,

It’s always a challenge to pick the stupidest thing this guy says, so I’m just going to go with this.

7 Likes

Trump’s been getting “bad counsel” from the media? The media??? Since when has Trump ever taken counsel from any media other than Breitbart and Fox? Unless he’s saying that Brietbart and Fox are wrong, which I doubt.

Blaming the media is these people’s Turrets. They just spit it out in any context, even and especially when it makes no sense.

It’s also funny how even they won’t blame Trump directly. It’s not his fault, it’s his advisor’s fault, or the media, or whatever. What a bunch of cowardly sycophants.

The real problem is that Trump’s been getting bad counsel from his own brain.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available