Discussion: Cummings Threatens To Hold Security Clearance Probe Witness In Contempt

2 Likes

Watch out for the next Tweet storm.

It is coming.

4 Likes

Put his ass in jaiil. If it’s good enough for Chelsea Manning, it’s good enough for this jerk. You know he was laughing with his buddies when he moved the files to a higher shelf!

41 Likes

Go get them Cummings. Yes, there’s back and forth and process that seeming takes forever, but things are moving.

20 Likes

So Trump arranges for Kline to be unavailable for detainment by the House Sergeant-at-Arms. Or something. For sure he’s not buckling to a contempt action.

2 Likes

A thousand times this. Quit threatening to do something, and do something! All these threats and missed deadlines do nothing but emphasize how milquetoast and ineffectual the Dem leadership is, and reinforce the perception of weakness.

12 Likes

Kline should be given 48 hours to appear or be arrested. Friday sounds good, he can sit in the clink till a judge comes in on Monday.

21 Likes

Will just the committee vote on contempt or the entire house? That could get interesting.

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”

12 Likes

Criminal referral for contempt.

17 Likes

The Dems are trying to play by the rules and go through a process that is very cumbersome but I’m hopeful they will get results. If stonewalling on all fronts escalates that would give them a good reason to look at impeachment.

19 Likes

Hope he likes prison food.

4 Likes

Set the precedent by jailing him.

Then subpoena Ivanka and Jared…

38 Likes

“We’ll be talking about a vote on holding you in contempt. You should talk to your lawyer about the choices you’re making.” I like it. He’s not talking about his emotions. He’s racking a shell into the chamber and suggesting he rethink this.

43 Likes

“I intend to consult with House Counsel and Committee Members about scheduling a vote on contempt,” he added.

Just do it already. Enough of this pathetic hand-wringing bullshit.

6 Likes

Just go ahead and say exactly that the next time some authority with the power to hold you in contempt says that’s what you’re looking at. See how tough you feel then. If that sounds like pathetic hand-wringing bullshit to you I imagine you spend a fair bit of time in jail or the hospital or the jail section of the hospital.

11 Likes

Hmm

Not sure exactly how to incorporate into the thought process. One way or another. TrumpCo did not get off the hook with the Mueller Report. Now they are projecting fear and desperation. Though some might think it is defiance and strength, its not. More is going on here than what it may appear.

17 Likes

Why threaten? I would have done it by now.

2 Likes

Rep. Cummings is showing how it should be done.

Cummings has faced racists like the ones in the White House before. He ain’t afraid and he ain’t slow-walkin’ nothing.

The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) is the moral center and conscience of the House.

Edited.

16 Likes

Out of an abundance of … something.

Maybe caution.

2 Likes

Trump is attempting to assert the Executive is superior to the Legislative and Judicial branches of government. Even though that is in contravention to the Constitution he’s counting on bullying both branches, and their continued cowering and/or acquiescence to his behavior will put into effect in practice what cannot be achieved legally. Add in a compliant SCOTUS and DOJ, permanently gerrymandered Congressional GOP majorities and a manipulated 2020 Census and the path to authoritarianism is well laid.

7 Likes