Discussion: Court Sparks Outrage In Ruling Sodomy Law Doesn't Cover Unconscious Victims

1 Like

“There was absolutely no evidence of force or him doing anything to make
this girl give him oral sex other than she was too intoxicated to
consent,” Shannon McMurray said.

“There is nothing here to show a murder took place other than this bullet-riddled body.”

“We have no evidence of armed robbery other than the masked man holding a gun and demanding money.”

36 Likes

“unsoundness of mind of giving legal consent”
How does being blackout drunk not qualify for that?

20 Likes

That’s right. It’s all right there in Leviticus. Sheesh, you people need to study the Bible more.

5 Likes

Oh my. I foresee thousands upon thousands of Republican men going without sleep and refusing to have colonoscopy’s.

4 Likes

This had the potential to be a correct ruling if the language of the statute was indeed poor and failed to cover this situation, BUT

"any unsoundness of mind of giving legal consent "

Clearly covers “so shitfaced that she’s unconscious” and the “force” definition part of the statute is preceded by the word “OR”, which indicates it is in the alternative, so I have to say this is definitely a couple Oklahoma judges judging the victim, not the criminal.

22 Likes

Cosby just announced plans to move to Oklahoma.

31 Likes

Well, if it wasn’t for unconsciouness, no Oklahoman would ever get hisself some delicious sodomy.

Okay, farm animals do not count.

5 Likes

Did the Court suggest funeral homes as another source of somewhat dry relief but relief nonetheless?

5 Likes

If this had been Indiana, things would have been different.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1540361

And besides, somebody has got to look out for the roofie manufacturers. That’s a growing market.

2 Likes

Oklahoma - OK! … so boys, if your take her out in “The Surrey With The Fringe on Top” - just make sure you get her totally, totally pass-out drunk and then you can poke it in every orifice and … “say Yeow! A-YIP-I-O-EE-AY …Oklahoma your OK”

3 Likes

This is the kind of legal opinion I’d expect in Mississippi.

1 Like

Another one?!?!?! (I was more impressed the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing people snapped up the commercial availability next to the story. /s)

1 Like

OOOOOOOOOOOklahoma where the rapes come sweeping down the plain…

(that entire “Ruprecht the Monkey Boy” set of scenes NEVER gets old haha)

4 Likes

I never thought of this song as ominous…till now.

Republicans see a great business opportunity here: Oklahoma Is OK for Forced Oral Sex Tourism

2 Likes

So this is the current state of Oklahoma Values? Gimme those NY values any day…

10 Likes

All OK residents just announced plans they are all moving out of “Oklahoma is OK”. And they’re not coming back, ever. Me neither.

2 Likes

And Kansas, and … such is life in backwoods America. And much of America remains backwoods.