Discussion: Court: Kobach Voter Fraud Panel Must Turn Over Records To Dem Commissioner

2 Likes

Kobach has what he wanted: voter lists from every state he could get to comply with his request. It’s all about building up the data base of his private, for-profit voter list scrubbing operation. Yes, he in fact runs such a business. It’s already scrubbed a number of state lists.

21 Likes

Go Matt! This guy is the definition of an honest broker. When Maine passed ranked choice voting, he was the one who challenged it. He argued because it violated the state constitution (went to court and it did). He challenged it even though he is a Democrat and ranked choice will in general favor Democrats here.

He is a stickler for the law and due process. He took a lot of heat for agreeing to be on the voter fraud panel, but argued it was important to have Democrats involved to ensure integrity. He won’t quit when it comes to getting to the bottom of all the bullshit going on – I suspect they will try to boot him off as he reveals all the dirty dealing of Kobach, Pence, and their cronies.

25 Likes

Did any comply? I thought least 45 states (even many controlled by Republicans) refused to hand over the data.

6 Likes

I’m curious. When actually sued, what was Kobach’s rationale to the court for these non-defensible actions?

6 Likes

8 Likes

Shorter Lead: Kobach Voter Fraud.

10 Likes

From The American Botox Association?

Not much “Joy and Warmth” there.

I think she’s pining for the fjords of Slovenia…

8 Likes

“Immigrantz R bad!!! and have cooties!”
Black Urban Those people shouldn’t vote.”
“Ballots made from pork fat?”

2 Likes

It’s probably just gas and, of course, that constant worry of, ahem, “leakage.”

1 Like
6 Likes

Oh No’s …

What WILL we do now ? ? …

9 Likes

I love the states that say will turn over publicly available info for a fee.
I also love how Kobach’s first letter requesting/demanding info didn’t even comply with his own state’s standards. How long has he been KS SoS?
Then there is the part where he doesn’t remember what info he asked for and so he’ll settle for what’s publicly available.

14 Likes

Cue the (original tv show) ‘Mission Impossible’ theme music.

Additionally, Kollar-Kotelly slapped down the idea floated by the commission to allow Dunlap view some of the documents in question, but not take notes or make copies of them.

What? As if is requesting top secret documents? What’s next - those in the know commissioners messages they receive self-destruct within 60 seconds of being heard? Ridiculous. Good for the judge to slap this down for the nonsense that it is.

12 Likes

Did you catch the mis-spelling? :smile:

@gromilini Did she actually send out or is that a meme?

Cc @tiowally

3 Likes

As I understand it many states have refused to turn over their voting records and have so far gotten by with it.

4 Likes

It just goes to show that Trump is exagerating again - seems he got the chrst back into Christmas - but he still hasn’t gotten the “i” back. Oh. He is hording “I” for his personal use.

8 Likes

They will continue to “get by with it” because Kobach and Dense have no power to compel compliance. Even our POS Secretary of State here in Ohio (John Husted, R) has said that he will provide only the information that is available to the public.

10 Likes

no no that was me - I have poor eyesight, my feeble attempt at holiday cheer for all my fellow tpm posters

8 Likes

Free Melania!

1 Like