Discussion: Cornyn Floats Obamacare Repeal Vote Next Tuesday In Brutal Fox Interview

2 Likes

Sorry FUX News was so brutal, Senator Corncob.

Just kidding…

12 Likes

That was brutal?

29 Likes

Nobody is brutal to republicans on fox, except Chris wallace, and that’s ONLY when repubs put up someone so remarkably ignorant that they can’t grasp at the lifelines Wallace tosses them.

22 Likes

“You guys had, what, nearly eight years to come up with something,” [Fox’s Trish Regan] said. “Why is it that it’s such a struggle right now, given that there was a lot of runway there to work on different ideas and experiment with different things and maybe to gain some consensus? Now you’re down to the wire.”

Cornyn’s response: It takes a lot of work to screw tens of millions of Americans in one bill.

29 Likes

When you’re used to just getting softball serve-ups, a hardball lob is brutal.

Goopers are so whiny.

9 Likes

I’ll be “brutal”; Cornyn is a heartless asshole who should be locked up in a mental institution. Is that “brutal” enough? What a turd…he and Cruz make the perfect matched set.

21 Likes

Texas really isn’t sending her best to Congress.

20 Likes

Being the party of no versus actually governing.

Who knew there would be a difference?

16 Likes

If he was expecting the usual fluff job, maybe it seemed challenging-but Cornyn is a tough lil feller. And I’m sure he’ll get twice the fluffing next time he’s on.

4 Likes

The Republicans have been living in an imaginary world for the last 8+ years, and they just can’t grasp the reality of the real world. In the real world the ACA has been a major success, it has greatly improved access to medical care for millions of Americans. There is no way to reconcile that fact with the imaginary world that Republicans work in. Who could have foreseen this?

21 Likes

I don’t know where, but somewhere, Barack Obama is smiling…

6 Likes

Cornyn also asserted definitively a few weeks ago that a vote would happen before the July 4 recess, and told reporters he was “closing the door” on rumors of a delay. Then, a delay came.

It wasn’t this rat-faced scoundrel, was it?

18 Likes

Strange the interviewer is quoted more than the subject of the interview…but, I’m old-fashioned.

6 Likes

if you grade on the curve

2 Likes

In a truly rare moment of honesty, Toomey admitted this weekend that the reason the 'pubs were so caught off guard in terms of actual, real healthcare policy proposal is because they all expected Hillary to win.

Stunning that their plan was to keep bashing the ACA, voting to repeal, knowing that none of it was anything more than base red meat window dressing.

Fuck. Them. All.

Like McConnell and Paul.

33 Likes

OK… um, what’s he been smoking?

If the GOP repeals the ACA without replacing it look for your insurance premiums to go up dramatically, even if you are getting your insurance through an employer. Repeal only will put the insurance market in so much stress that it will impact everyone. Period.

6 Likes

Wish I could like 1000X
Dog catches car indeed

5 Likes

Great explainer from Paul Krugman on why it’s so hard for the GOP to “craft” their bill without revealing themselves as heartless bastards:

Spoiler alert in subhead: party of no ideas.

11 Likes