Discussion: Conway Leaves Door Open To Trump Blocking Comey's Senate Testimony

1 Like

Good luck with that. Comrade Cockholster gave away his claim to executive privilege when he discussed Comey with Lester Holt and a bunch of ill-advised tweets.

What’s more is that it’s pretty much universally agreed within the not-bat-shit-crazy legal community that Comey could write a tell-all book about his “talks” with *Marmalade Mugabe at this point and there would not be thing one anybody could do about it.

*h/t @irasdad

ETA: I wonder who’s a better lawyer, Comey or Cohen? Meuller or McGahn?

50 Likes

Why would ABC’s Good Morning America have the ever-lying kellyanne on the air? Why give her a venue to spout her lies? Let her confine herself to fox “news” where she belongs.

30 Likes

And what happens when Comey shows up anyways? Is Dumblefuck going to go to the floor of the Senate and drag him away?

22 Likes

Please Proceed
I guarantee it’ll work out well for Trump

12 Likes

“Worked” the first time.

21 Likes

Crack Whore Barbie just let on that Trump really really doesn’t want the truth to be known.

26 Likes

This is exactly what I was wondering…I thought he’d waived the privilege by all his constant public statements.

6 Likes

Doofus waived any executive privilege by tweeting and bragging to Holt and Pirro about it.

This dumbass president is surrounded by dumbasses who know nothing about governing, lawyering or the agencies they head. The only qualification for working for this administration is being a sychophant.

22 Likes

Yup.

And I sure hope nobody brings up that pesky “threatening a witness” tweet.

21 Likes

This is all but a certainty. I can’t imagine Trump allowing Comey to testify.

If he does, it will be a circus.

And by circus, I mean like a real Roman Circus with blood, guts and death everywhere.

5 Likes

Conway leaves door open to Trump’s shutting the door!

12 Likes

I wonder if Rump’s regime regrets making Comey a private citizen in firing him?

18 Likes

McGahn is a disastrously bad lawyer. The legal scholarship in those executive orders is piss poor.

11 Likes

Comey is now a private citizen and can say whatever the fuck he wants, providing it doesn’t interfere with Mueller’s investigation (his only constraint). Had he still been FBI director that might have been another story, but even then I seriously doubt the POTUS could stop him from testifying, though there might have been some additional constraints beyond Mueller’s investigation. So good luck Comey. We’ll await what you have to say. America needs to hear the fucking truth for a change.

And KellyAnne Contwit might want to lay off the dark black eye makeup encircling those tired peepers of hers. It makes her look like a rabid raccoon these days.

28 Likes

Really Mika banned her from Mourning Joe

2 Likes

Allowing him? Under what authority can Trump prevent someone who no longer works for him from talking about discussions he himself has made public?

11 Likes

I don’t see that trump has a legal leg to stand on…and it he does try, it will just make him look desperate, as if he is trying to hide something…

Do you think that could be the case? s/

14 Likes

I don’t see Comey showing up before the committee if Trump says he’s exercising executive privilege–UNLESS Comey’s lawyers (who may well be the committee’s Democratic counsel) advise him that it’s clear that Donald has waive the privilege, which I think he has.)

5 Likes

He did.
But it is well nigh impossible to explain such concepts to fawningly obsequious Trump lackeys like Kreepyanne Conjob.

Comey is a private citizen, and Trump can’t order him to do squat.

Besides, Comey is so much smarter than Trump and his idiot staff that he is bound to have figured a way to testify without revealing anything classified, anything that will help Mueller, or anything that might be covered by executive privilege.

Trump’s team is whistling past the graveyard, and their nervousness and fear is palpable.

30 Likes