Discussion: Conservative Journo Believes Accuser Was Intimidated Into Blaming McDaniel Campaign

Discussion for article #226062

Question of the headline writer calling this putz a journalist: From which School of Journalism is the putz’s degree?

5 Likes

“…which is apparently something the Mississippi elite fears more than anything else.”

When baggers complain about an elite, they are complaining about a group they are not invited to join. Putz Johnson probably doesn’t consider the Baggergeoise Leadership an elite, even though they are.

2 Likes

Man - someone’s heart must be all conflicted. Who is dreamier, this guy or Calgary Cruz?

2 Likes

Their love child, Chris McDaniel?

2 Likes

This is getting curiouser and curiouser

2 Likes

Johnson

is

a

blogger Stop

That

is

all Stop

3 Likes

There are many, many people, including federal law enforcement, who know that the story at GotNews.com is correct.

Ignoring the obvious tea party morons, which law enforcement people know the story is correct?

The guy who let McDaniel’s minions into the courthouse could be one.

2 Likes

“Latest theory” – In other words, there is some giant conspiracy against this self-styled “journalist” (actually nothing more than a right wing blogger).

1 Like

That’s dying throes, Charlie. Plural noun, you’d want to say “are”.

2 Likes

What you are witnessing is the dying throws of a corrupt media and government class in Mississippi that needs to be abolished.

WTF?? Aside from the dying ‘throws’ word mishap, how do you abolish people, like journalists and public servants?

synonyms: put an end to, get rid of, scrap, end, stop, terminate, ax, eradicate, eliminate, exterminate, destroy, annihilate, stamp out, obliterate, wipe out, extinguish, quash, expunge, extirpate;

Then there’s this [not] meaningful sentence:

You can go to Gotnews.com and listen to the interview yourself and draw your own conclusions, which is apparently something the Mississippi elite fears more than anything else.

It sounds like the Mississippi elite fears my conclusions, which is odd considering they are unaware of my existence.

It would be great if there were some sort of proof to either back up or refute what Johnson is saying in his e-mail instead of just running his message word for word without any sort of analysis at all. Several questions spring to mind. For instance, what sort of proof do you have that Hood is intimidating Fielder? How do you know that Sam Hall coached Hood to say Johnson lied? Who are these many people who know that what Johnson is saying is the truth? Maybe even just one. Johnson is leveling some pretty serious accusations without offering a scintilla of evidence. Maybe someone could push back, just even a little tiny bit. He can’t possibly be all that scary; he certainly isn’t very bright. And he certainly is not a journalist. We can all call ourselves whatever we want; doesn’t make it true. To quote Joan Cusack’s character in Working Girl: “Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn’t make me Madonna. Never will.”

3 Likes

School Of cRock

1 Like

Yeah, this vast conspiracy is MUCH more likely to be the case, than to believe that the sketchy dude you paid lied to you.

Seriously, the main reason this guy couldn’t be a real journalist is that no real editor would have let him run his story. Instead, his editor would have laughed him out of his office the moment he asked for money to pay his source, and told he needed to spend a few more years as errand boy before even thinking about typing a story.

Eh. I don’t see why you people are putting journalists up on a pedestal, like they’re doctors or something. Just because you went to journalism school and worked for a newspaper doesn’t mean your shit don’t stink. D.C. is chock full of journalists who wouldn’t know a real story if you gave it to them and explained it with hand puppets.

Truth is, journalism isn’t a real profession because it has no professional standards. Sure, it pretends it does…right up until it doesn’t; and there’s no accountability for being wrong. And just because a fancy news org hires you doesn’t automatically make you good at what you do. Steve Benen is hands down the best source of political news in the country, and he refers to himself as a blogger, not a journalist.

The problem isn’t with this bozo calling himself a journalist, but in anyone thinking it’s an important title. He’s really just a political activist, but calls himself a journalist because it sounds better.

This is how the GOP dies, not with a bang but a whimper.