Discussion: Cohen Lawyer Says Trump May Have Committed 'Impeachable Offense'

I’m sorry, but since Hell has not yet frozen over as best I can tell, I still don’t give a shit what Lanny Davis says. He’s the Democratic Rudy Giuliani.

22 Likes

“May have committed ‘impeachable offense’”

Nominated for Understatement of the Decade.

37 Likes

Publicly lying, even if not under oath, was one of the impeachment counts against Clinton that Kavanaugh reportedly drafted while working for Starr. Of course, he’s since recanted his support for that theory in classic IOKIYAR fashion.

47 Likes

The snakes are eating each other. This is where it gets good. get me the popcorn. On second thought get me the pepto this whole affair is nauseating,

15 Likes

Just get on with it…

The Republic is running out of time…

21 Likes

IOKIYAAR has been renamed

#the Kavanaugh Exception

21 Likes

Damnit, you stole my comment!

5 Likes

Not to point out something too terribly obvious, but the Mango Menace is a walking, talking, living embodiment of an impeachable offense.

45 Likes

Good point…these GOPers are supposedly originalist/literalist Constitution interpreters…hmmm did the Constitution change and they forgot to tell us? If judge interpretation changes, how reliable is he? :imp:

12 Likes

Trump: I have pardoned myself of all impeachable offenses I have committed and will continue to do so. Commit and Pardon is my right via Constitution and Putin.

14 Likes

It is viewed that with this Congress, Trump shooting someone on Fifth Avenue would not be “Impeachable” …

10 Likes

The entire “Originalist” argument for the reading of the Constitution is specious.
The document was DESIGNED to be CHANGED via Amendments so “Originalist” just means “I want to ignore any Amendments I don’t like.”
For Republicans, that means anything after the 12th Amendment.

22 Likes

He is posturing to let Trump know that Cohen is prepared to sing. This is to pressure Trump for a pardon.

2 Likes

I’m no fan of Lanny Davis, but any person who can get under Trump’s flabby skin is okay by me.

12 Likes

One day Karma will show up for a visit with trump and he will not be able to talk his way out.

8 Likes

For Republicans, that means anything except the 2nd Amendment.

FIFY

12 Likes

Or Change the meaning of the ones they do like. The 2nd would be a good example of this. If you read the writings of the time it becomes obvious didn’t mean for every tom dick and harry to be carrying or owning firearms. The Whiskey Rebellion when a group angry about a whiskey tax broke into the (militia’s) armory to get firearms. Did you see that word, militia, back there? It’s also in though mostly ignored, the second amendment. The second was about training and arming citizens to serve in case of war or public so we wouldn’t need a standing army of professional soldiers (this is also obvious from reading the writings of the time regarding such). Since we have a standing army the second amendment’s ORIGINAL purpose and meaning is basically obsolete.

25 Likes

I hope he isn’t able to walk his way out.
Meaning his shoes create blisters and are just too painful for walking.

1 Like

I love how all the rubes who live and die by the 2nd Amendment have never actually read the thing.

4 Likes