Discussion: Coats On Trump: ‘Obviously, I Wished He Had Made A Different Statement’

Enjoy. I think this guy’s pretty much got it right. We better hope so.

4 Likes

Nobody, not even trump’s own people know what was discussed and yet trump whines like a toddler that the meeting content wasn’t covered by the media.
This is the essence of incompetence folks

I guess trump thinks people can read minds.

3 Likes

Why is it obvious?? Its not obvious to me, and im paying attention. If its that obvious why hasnt he resigned?? Probably not the brightest bulb for intelligence. Makes him the perfect trump pick.

Seriously I don’t think Trump is together enough to manage giving the codes to anyone, and I’m not sure what good they would do to an unauthorized foreigner anyway. It would be like having both keys to launch from a nuclear sub but no sub, I’d think. Hell, I read Clinton lost the codes for like four months or something. If he’d had to respond to an attack it would have been awk-warrrrrrrd.

1 Like

“Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said Thursday that
“obviously” he wished President Donald Trump had made a different
statement about Russian election meddling”
he continued: “Although I have known from the start that he is completely unfit for public office, and that every action he has taken has proven it, I wish the words that came out of his mouth had been different. Now we have to pretend to care.”

5 Likes

This would in fact be mildly amusing if Trump hadn’t just given the keys to the kingdom away in Helsinki on top of disgracing us all for all eternity by locking brown children and toddlers in cages to use them as political leverage.

6 Likes

Some of the details of Putin’s orders to him from their one-on-one meeting have already slipped (what he is pleased to call) his mind. So he needs a little refresher.

And at the same time is very, very happy that they can’t.

Not that the actual reading would take long, in his case. It’s not like reading War and Peace. More like Dick and Jane.

And pride goeth before the fall.

1 Like

Why does he even validate Trump?

So these comments are supposed to be funny and tongue in cheek, I guess. Only a Washington insider can laugh at shit that is destroying the country.

The big story this week is that dark money got totally dark to the point where gazillion dollar donors don’t even have to report their donations to the IRS. Our political system is officially completely off the rails and Trump is pulling the cord to make the “woo-woo” sound.

5 Likes

I’m really hoping that holds true in Trump’s case.

2 Likes

Personally, I didn’t think Coats provided that strong a denunciation of Trump’s dealings with Russia. But clearly it upset Trump. WaPo is breaking a story that White House officials are now saying that DNI Coats “has gone rogue.” He might be looking for a job tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sorry Dan, you work for a traitor.

Another saying: The bigger they are, the harder they ____.

Sometimes people laugh inappropriately when they’re surprised by unexpected bad news. I’ve done it myself.

The Democrats should offer a job for anyone that works for Trump and resigns or is fired for anything other than actual cause (stealing China for instance).

But everyone who works for trump or mcconnell, other than those who believe in trump or mcconnell and the tooth fairy, need to leave immediately from working for and enabling this traitorous criminal snake oil salesman and his chief enablers.

As I recall, Coats was never considered the smartest Senator, just the smartest Senator from Indiana. He needs to step up. Indiana claims to be part of the heartland of America. Does the “heartland” of America stand for anything like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, fairness and Horatio Alger and honesty and a “man’s word is his bond” or is it just racism, ignorance and greed?

1 Like

Andrea Mitchell while interviewing him received a news breaking tweet from stupid about a visit from his friend in Russia in the fire. Interesting, all roads and all fingers point to him as a person that directed Russia’s interference in our elections I think this would be an excellent time from Mueller to catch up and ask him a few questions about what kind of influence he had over our elections. Why not he’ll be here visiting the White House will be convenient Miller can just run by and pick him up howling in holder grand jury offer him ask him questions. It’ll be interesting if he comes because I’m quite certain by then will know for sure that he ordered the invasion of our cyber community with his troop of hackers. Like the wood he has to say I think this is something we should all look forward to. putin’s Visit with Mueller. Will be sure to put out the welcome mat for him. See you then? RSVP real soon OK at your own risk asshole.

Putin To visit our White House in the file? Could this be a coincidence because stupid wants is a military parade in the file? We all need to call and complain about the taxpayers dollars being wasted on a parade for his flip an ego to be march down the middle of town we don’t have the money for this. You’re not going to have this military parade got it call your congressman and complain Where the taxpayer we say no does his expense of trying to flatter possibly his friend from Russia with our military might I’ve had it with his ego. Pitches is those two in the grandstand draped with the Russian and American flag well our troops in our missiles and art inks March and roll-on by these two fascist pigs at our expense not on our watch not going to have it.

I’m not going to pile on Coats. Yes there’s a “Good German” aspect to anyone who willing serves as a Trump appointee. That said, we still need a DNI who understands that Trump is a 4 or 8 year aberration that the country can hopefully survive, and that the country has to try to survive. On some level a stability has to be maintained regardless.
Understand that if every Trump appointee sticks his neck out as far as Coats has, Trump will have no choice but to stop being Trump.
Don’t think for a minute that, instead of a dedicated professional who has the back of his people, the next Trump appointee for DNI would be anything but an elevated caddy from Bedminster or worse. Who wants to work for this man? He’s the very worst of bad bosses. Everyone he’s hired, fired and tired is public toast.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available