Discussion: CNN's Don Lemon Mocked For 'Blizzardmobile' Storm Coverage

Discussion for article #232536

Here in fly-over country, we light dusting rubes were dazzled by the breath-taking network coverage of a futuristic something called a…snowplaw or maybe a snowplow…amazing!

2 Likes

Wow! It’s Flack Man in the Flackmobile!

1 Like

Will there ever come a point when the network lets him go?

Here in Colorado, I don’t believe ANY weather report unless it comes straight from the 9 News Weather Van that’s really an SUV. THAT dude has a parka and a wide-screen monitor in the back so you know he’s the real deal. I wish I had pictures of him at work along with his name. Lemons could take sone pointers and give ski reports.

On second thought, maybe it’s on channel 4.

I’m becoming convinced Don Lemon is an Andy kaufman type performance bent on proving that CNN is in no way a meritocracy.

5 Likes

I like the tweet about Lemon going round a corner in NYC and finding a Malaysian airliner parked on the street.

5 Likes

MSNBC devoted nearly all of its coverage last night to BLIZZARD 15!!! with all their reporters wandering around snowy places predicting the end of the world. So many visuals, and not a bit of news. It’s complicated, but California’s drought is directly related to blizzards and snowstorms in the Northeast.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s so subtle that no one recognizes that what he is doing is performance art.

2 Likes

Is it just me or did Lemon look like a kid making a horror movie in his mom’s basement?

4 Likes

. . . with deflated balls.

1 Like

I’m from North Dakota and I gotta tell you, this looked like a report on school closings.

1 Like

Potential school closings, that might not materialize.

Another couple of sentences for the multi-chapter section of the future book entitled “The Decline and Fall of the United States” about the degeneration and co-option of journalism.

3 Likes

Like the one shot by a handheld camera about kids wandering the woods frightened of something they can’t see.

Okay, it looked like a CROP report in North Dakota.

“And hard amber durum’s down .02 cents to close at $1.12 a bushel.”

CNN has stumbled upon a gold mine, and they know it. There is no other explanation for this buffoon keeping his job than a recognition that his antics are attracting eyeballs.

2 Likes

Not even him!

He has the same kind of eyeballs that you see on Interstate drivers passing a wreck involving at least ONE semi.

People watch cause they wanna see what happens next. Lemon makes Ron Burgundy look like Walter Fucking Cronkite.

2 Likes

I watched MSNBC and they pulled the same stunt. It was totally overhyped by all of the cable stations. While Lemon needs to be mocked he shouldn’t be mocked alone.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available