Discussion: CNN: White House Worried FBI Director Wray May Quit Over Memo Release

Senior White House officials are working on a solution that will satisfy both President Donald Trump and Wray, as well as other law enforcement officials, like Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein,

So they’re going to put Two Scoops in a hole and let this dog cover him up, right?

4 Likes

The only reason the White House is worried that Wray will quit is because if Wray quits Donald Trump won’t get to say, “You’re fired!” It’s all about the dominance and humiliation…

5 Likes

Forgive me, but isn’t that what the White House is actually hoping happens? Worried? Somehow I doubt that. It seems engineered to make that happen at this point.

6 Likes

Isn’t Wray’s departure what the Trump admin wants anyway? There would be some immediate firestorm if Wray resigned, quickly forgotten in our minute-to-minute news cycle. Then he could appoint a wagging lapdog as new Director.

4 Likes

Trump will get frustrated one day and call a meeting of everyone into the Oval office.

“Look, I’m going to nuke North Korea or fire Rosenstein, you guys choose. I need to know before you leave. But to be clear, one of the two is happening, today.”

Just making it easy on them, don’tcha know.

9 Likes

Kelly wants to get it released. He doesn’t give a shit about democracy, and he is enjoying being the puppet master managing the orange orangutan

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought. That’s some serious mind-fucking nonsense. Up is down and black is white today over at CNN. Just more gaslighting bullshit from the WH.

3 Likes

Worried? I call BS on that, more misdirection. Wray resigning is a feature of the memo release, not a bug. Trump wants someone more compliant and corrupt in there. FBI Director Giuliani, anyone?

12 Likes

Trump is putting America back to work. Like this?

Citing Trump tax cut charge and slumping sales, Harley-Davidson to close Kansas City plant

It said it was due to slumping sales and A $53.1 million dollar tax charge related to enactment of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. What’s that last excuse about?

Later:

The Kansas City plant closing will cost Harley as much as $200 million through 2019, then result in annual cash savings of $65 million to $75 million after 2020. Levatich declined to say how much production capacity will be reduced. At the same time, the company is building a factory in Thailand that will assemble bikes using components shipped from the U.S.

20 Likes

I have a feeling or hope that Nunes and Ryan will be in the next class of House retirements.

4 Likes

It could be reverse psychology. But are they smart enough for that?

2 Likes

Yep, all he has to do is un-gag Stormy Daniels , and the media would be crazy talking about the magazine spankings and forger about Wray.

2 Likes

Same question here. I thought they wanted to empty out all vestiges of independence in the Bureau and replace them with Trump loyalists who will use their position to punish his enemies and protect him from prosecution. What’d I miss?

5 Likes

I’m not picky. Any day will do. The first is better than the second, which is better than the third, and so on. Any day, just please, Dear G-d, make it soon! While we still have a nation left to save.

9 Likes

There’s a reason Ghouliani has kept a low-profile…considering he was knee-deep in the entire NY office at the FBI to push out false stories before the election. That just might be it.

10 Likes

BREAKING NEWS (NYT)
President Trump will not block House Republicans from releasing a memo said to accuse the F.B.I. of abuses and is unlikely to seek redactions

link added:

12 Likes

“This thing we are doing is not what it very evidently is. It should not by any means whatsoever be used for the purpose for which it was designed and intended.”

This is so Ryan, it crosses the line into unintentional self-parody.

25 Likes

Seems like Wray is having nothing to with a slow-walking Saturday night massacre thing.

Just do it and get it over with, and the Republican Congress responds or does not.

1 Like

Ahem…

Even Tramp’s jobs numbers are tinier than Obama’s

20 Likes

These kinds of statements are perhaps what Kelly is hinting at -er mediating. Here Devin it’s all yours.

6 Likes