Discussion: CNN: Transcripts Show FBI Debated 'Range' Of 'Extremes' Before Launching Trump Probe

The extremes of how much kompromat Russia has on Donnie vs. how much money Donnie owes Russians vs. Donnie’s collusion in hijacking the election?

Those extremes?

12 Likes

“acting at the behest of and somehow following directions, somehow executing (Russia’s) will."

They were talking about the President of the United States, fer chris’sake. Unbelievable.

[edited. thanks, @musgrove]

11 Likes

No, at that time they were talking about the POTUS, so even worse.

4 Likes

Slightly OT, but I about died when I saw this:

8 Likes

There is a weird, dangerous, asynchrony between what any reasonable and well-informed bystander (TPM person) perceives; what the NYT reports as breaking news; and what the GOP, basically a fascist party at this point, is prepared to admit. For those of us in the first category, the last three years have been a slow motion nightmare in which a plainly compromised rightwing idiot has obviously been receiving and implementing instructions from Russia, while the media slowly catches up with it about six months late, and the GOP scandalously denies it to the last and even jumps on board the treason train, with senators visiting Russia etc. It’s been an extraordinary and horrible experience: watching a dark chapter of history unfold with almost nothing to be done about it, even by our Democrats and our FBI and our press. In November, we finally got our say, and turned out in historic numbers; and since then we’ve had to stand by for an agonizing couple of months to get power, and still nightmare continues, with press reports like this one blowing up for 24 hours then been dispatched into the past–while the present continues to be dominated by the Republican fascists, who won’t even open the government until they get their way. Anyhow, good morning everyone.

24 Likes

Don’t forget Putin’s Cockholster is privvy to most of the information gathered by FBI and DOJ. He either gets reports submitted or someone has been digging and bringing the info to him. Fer chrissakes even Manaforts lawyers were feeding him Mueller info. Even Nunes was running over full reports on anything Congress had. Putin’s other cronies are trying to crowbar open the discovery procedures in other legal dealings. These folks might be blundering idiots, but they aren’t complete fools and know where the threats are…and Chump is uniquely placed like no other criminal in US history. He is the titular Top Cop, head of DOJ, has the FBI at his beck and has access to any secret. When you see him attacking FBI and Sztrok and Page and Bruce Ohr…he knows exactly what he is doing. He also knew of these folks and what parts they played long before the avg. joe heard their names or how they fit into the puzzle. He attacked them and Comey and McCabe etc. with unerring accuracy before many of us made the connections.

13 Likes

Of course he’s fully compromised. These investigations would have been closed down long ago if there’d been no functional treason found.

4 Likes

All this happened during the campaign or transition (before Page looked into Trump):

Mariia Butina scoflaw’s the NRA on behalf of Russia
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you can find Hillary’s emails.”
Trump Tower Meeting set up by a Russian, attended by another Russian
Trump defending Putin over his own Intel community about Russian election interference
Sessions talking to Russians
Flynn talking to Russians
Manafort talking to Russians
Popadopolous talking to Russians
Carter Page talking to Russians
Don Jr. talking to Russians

And ALL of them eventually LYING about it.

15 Likes

“Extremes”

Maybe you can’t talk about it but…
They didn’t contact you re: a certain invention did they?

5 Likes

Not complaining but this is pretty dry stuff. Any serious inquiry would try to assign probabilities to various possible scenarios. If you’re not at the moment staggering in circles with your fists to your temples because we’re talking about the President of the United Goddamn States here, which at the moment I’m not, it’s not that newsy. :confused:

6 Likes

You know for I-1 to continually and constantly promote MAGA, then why is he not taking the dominate position on all matters Russian?
When he says’ America First what he seems to be saying is that we will withdraw into our borders and only venture out of Trump is paid a commission, licensing fee, and royalties.
And on the flip side he doesn’t seem to be doing so well running America Inc.

8 Likes

You left out how much money Donny still wants from Russia.

Carrot.

1 Like

I agree with all of this, except the last part. As much shade as I’ve been throwing at the NYT’s “we aren’t allowed to say obvious things lest someone calls us biased; instead we wait until we can get a quote of someone else saying the obvious thing and reporting they said it” idiocy, the dynamic has changed. The floodgates of all the shit the MSM hasn’t been saying–and that the intelligence types they quote or put on their shows can say–have been opened by the story.

As the House Democrats who shared info from the transcripts the House Republicans had been keeping secret intended. (And now, here are the House Republicans trying to feed the most exculpatory quotes they can find in those transcripts to CNN–and this is the best they could come up with).

The dam is broken and this is just the first floodwater heralding the wall of destruction roaring down the river behind it.

The real, unreported, outrage is that Republicans have known this for months. They knew the FBI opened a CI investigation on Trump and that that was among the investigations handed off to Mueller referenced in Rosenstein’s commission letter. They manufactured their bullshit about Teh Memo!!! and the Steele dossier and the Carter Page FISA warrants, smeared and attacked the entire senior echelon of the FBI, Rosenstein and Mueller, not simply knowing that the FBI had opened a CI investigation on Trump, but because they knew it and knew it would eventually come out.

And, of course, they withheld all of these transcripts from Mueller and clamped a tight lid on them-but rest assured the White House knows 100% of what was said.

No one seems to be noticing that.

9 Likes

Yeah, they really can’t ignore it anymore

I that’s right. And ncsteve points out something implied in the story: the House GOP has sat on this testimony since it was first given, I assume under oath and in secret. Even in today’s upside world it’s hard to credit: leading Republican politicians refused to report credible allegations from senior government officials that they were worried the POTUS might be a Russian asset. Not only buried it, but later put out a report that said, “Move on. Nothing to see here.”

Someone needs to do a timeline of who testified to what about Trump and when Trump pushed them out of government.

4 Likes

They debated over the Clinton email server, too. It went like this:

• “Should I tell Fox first?”
  • “No, NYT”
  • “No, NPR”
  • “Screw it. I’ll let them all know.”

[quote=“dicktater, post:7, topic:83006”]
…and has access to any secret.
[/quote]I often wonder to what extent people actively withhold information from Trump directly or even withhold information from their supervisors to ensure that it doesn’t go to the top?

I can’t imagine this happens often, but I also can’t imagine it doesn’t happen at all.

1 Like

To quote you :slight_smile: I agree with all of this except for this last part -

Mueller. Knows. Everything. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

He knows everything anyone associated with the FBI or the IC told them, certainly. But knowing exactly what the House Treason Caucus knew and when it knew it is a thing you need to have the transcripts for.

Also to make a perjury case against Jr. and Page and others, of course.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available