Discussion: CNN: Russian-Linked Facebook Ads Targeted Michigan And Wisconsin

Drip, drip, drip…

You’re getting wetter by the hour, Oh Donnie Boy…

10 Likes

And more to be outraged about. Marc Kasowitz, Trump’s lawyer and a big donor to the NYC DA, used his influence to stop Ivanka and Don Jr. from being charged with felony fraud.

Family of criminals.

12 Likes

Paging Jared Kushner…
“We found that Facebook and digital targeting were the most effective ways to reach the audiences…We brought in Cambridge Analytica. I called some of my friends from Silicon Valley who were some of the best digital marketers in the world. And I asked them how to scale this stuff. Doing it state by state is not that hard."

13 Likes

Amazing how the RU target list seemed to match the Trump target list. Their FB ad buys matched the Trump campaign ad buys.

HRC’s campaign has documented where the Trump campaign was active. This is not a coincidence folks. The RU FB ad campaign is a tangible example of the conspiracy to violate US election laws as RU provided the Trump campaign ‘a thing of value’ which is specifically proscribed in the Federal Elections Campaign Act.

I also noticed the Pro Publica story of how Ivanka and Junior were set to be indicted for real estate fraud (involving seller misrepresentations for real estate they were trying to unload) but the head DA, Cyrus Vance Jr (whose father was Jimmy Carter’s Secretary of State no less!) told his assistant DAs to back off after he was paid a visit to Marc Kasowitz. He then got some campaign contributions.

Somehow, I think this story is an attempt to warm us up for what’s coming: that the Trump family was pretty heavily involved in coordinating with the Russians on this ad targeting and other activities. For these crooks, it was just another hustle. This is a situation where everyone seems to know that the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians. We’re just looking for a piece of evidence or two.

My target list for this spoke in the wheel of treason: Jared Kushner, Donald Trump Jr., Brad Parscale, Ivanka Trump, Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn, along with some intermediaries (people like Boris Epshteyn, Michael Flynn etc.).

18 Likes

He’ll completely melt, soon enough.

Correction: That can’t come soon enough.

4 Likes

Accepting money for helping to subvert an American election. Mark Zuckerburg, just what do you think your punishment for such traitorous activity should be? Your ass was warned by Obama and others what you were doing was illegal. You ignored them, Mark Zuckerburg. For money. That’s almost as low as Donald himself. You should be imprisoned for a few decades. Perhaps in Siberia?

8 Likes

Have there been any reports on what companies created the ads? I know the Russians paid for them, did the Russians also make the ads?

5 Likes

I already assumed this was true, so I’m going to take a different commenting tack this morning.

LOL, remember when Mark Zuckerburg appeared to be exploring running for president as a Democrat? I wonder how those meetings are going now.

Fuck that guy.

5 Likes

We also have to face the fact that those ads enabled and encouraged some of the closet racists and deplorables to come out to vote. Despicable as they are, the ads didn’t create those attitudes.

6 Likes

There’s a very good reason Kushner has his own e-mail server and lied about it. He’s involved up to his eyeballs. Only question is will they get the goods on Trump.

8 Likes

Problem is: Did Trump know - or did somebody just use a feeble-minded dotard as a figurehead ? If he is not mens sana he is not really responsible…

3 Likes

Betsy DeVos & Family, The Mercer Family, Cambridge Analytical Alfa Bank, Facebook, Twitter…

8 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what Kushner means by “scale this stuff”. I know someone who works for a company that places ads on the internet for clients. They use algorithms to achieve certain results for the clients, such as getting x number of people to click to a second link of a car ad. The ads are also targeted, marketers are always collecting data on each Internet address.

So, usually, the client has an ad made by some company, and then they contract with the marketing company that decides where to place the ad on which social media or other internet venues. The marketing company is the one that buys ads from Facebook or other sites.

I have been hearing that the Russians bought ads on Facebook. The picture is still kindof murky. Were the Russians the marketers? Who was the client? Who decided who the marketers would target? Who made the ads, and who paid for the ad? There are still lots of pieces of this story that are not very clear yet.

1 Like

Gosh, now how could they have know to do that?

It’s PAST Mueller time. Someone needs to start producing T-shirts that say this instead:

#HURRY UP MUELLER

4 Likes

Following the link, I read about Cyrus Vance, Jr Marc Kasowitz’s praise:

I was and remain extremely impressed by him as a person of impeccable integrity

with a very low purchase price.

4 Likes

Here’s how this goes down: “So what if they had our internal data? It’s because they hacked us too!”

1 Like

I dunno. A totally delegitimized presidency based on a campaign that obviously cheated? I’m not sure he escapes the public outcry if that’s proven, regardless of whether there’s evidence to support that Trump was directly privy to what was happening. This shit is a powderkeg.

3 Likes

This is still Hillary’s fault. She should have known Russia was targeting these states and she should have spent more time there.

(snark)

7 Likes

He will have to go, under all circumstances, no doubt, but I doubt he has the brains to devise this plan. Somebody else (Kushner ?) did…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available