Discussion: CNN Panel Actually Debates Whether Obama Is A 'Patriot'

Discussion for article #233490

The news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would, I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out are they are pro-America or anti-America. ~Michele Bachmann

6 Likes

“He was raised in Hawaii – that’s America, but Hawaii is a different culture than flyover country in America.”

Way to disparage 2 groups of Americans in 1 sentence.

13 Likes

First we have to define what is or is not meant by “Pro-American”.

By Bachmann’s standard, only people who agree with her are Pro-American. By my standard, she’s about as anti-American as they come. For that matter, so are the Koch Brothers and most Republicans.

5 Likes

See! There’s a reason I got rid of cable.

6 Likes

The problem with CNN, in the past 5-10 years, in a nutshell. CNN treats this like it’s a valid topic with a legitimate case on the other side. They do this with every topic, no matter what. Republicans exploit the shit out of the corporate media’s blind spots.

18 Likes

Since conservatives are always talking about taking back the country they must not love the way it is, either.

7 Likes

CNN - continuing their circle around the drain.

6 Likes

I don’t even think in those terms. It just never occurs to me to disagree with someone by calling them anti-American.

5 Likes

Neither do I, most of the time, though I do tend to feel that, by attacking the very foundations of the American political system and Constitution, the Koch Brothers are pretty anti-American…but even then, I usually don’t reduce things to pro/anti-American.

3 Likes

CNN is just the AAA team for Fock Snooze.

1 Like

The Speaker of the House secretly working with a foreign leader to undermine the President of the United States on foreign policy skates pretty close to a betrayal but falls short of treason.

14 Likes

The next scheduled CNN debate is whether or not humans are really mammals. Sure, there’s teats, but where’s all the hair?

6 Likes

“Patriot” used to be a word that meant something, sadly it’s meant something entirely different over the past 14 years.

3 Likes

Giant meteor strike on Yellowstone supervolcano caldera looking like an increasingly viable option for improving the state of American political discourse.

4 Likes

When you ask me why I completely quit watching mainstream network and cable news several years ago, is it really anything other than a snarky rhetorical question at this point?? I rest my case. And am enjoying the dollars and sanity I have saved and banked by ridding myself of this pestilence posing as journalism.

6 Likes

This is exactly as I said would occur as soon as Rudy spewed his hate. The media would grab the hate, with a nod to the GOP, and “mainstream it.” That is, take a patently absurd hate topic and turn it into a “legitimate” (in their eyes) topic for broad discussion. I am surprised they have not covered whether blacks should have the vote…yet.

This also means the topic will be front and center and embraced by Chuck Todd and Wolf Blitzer on their talk shows.

8 Likes

Anyone who openly proposes that their state secede from the Union is anti-American.

9 Likes

Obama’s balls aren’t deflated, hence he is not a Patriot.

3 Likes

I disagree, Ms. Setmayer. It is not possible to have a “valid discussion” about this president’s patriotism with people like you.

5 Likes