Discussion: CNN Host Tells Trump Aide: Saying Something Doesn't Make It True!

Of course saying something doesn’t make is true—unless your a white male republican, wearing a suit and tie. Now excuse me while I go feed my unicorn.

15 Likes

CNN Host Tells Trump Aide: Saying Something Doesn’t Make It True!
Unless… you’re from the Trump Campaign

They have successfully removed irony as a tool of satire .
Have they secretly developed an Onion Headline generator to put them out of business?

Doctor ! My Brain hurts

4 Likes

Rather than noting lies, it would be better to count truths per hour of interview. That would be more interesting.

2 Likes

Don’t tell that to Trump. His reason for being would cease to exist. I don’t think he could handle it.

2 Likes

Has everyone stocked up on popcorn and Schadenfreude 2016? Going to be an interesting week.

2 Likes

Work those refs, Paul!
And Tapper details how he’s complied–just not enough for Paul.

4 Likes

every article about Trump and his campaign should begin with today in white privilege

5 Likes

Manafort: “It does if I click the heels of my Ruby Slippers together three times!”

2 Likes

It would of been great if Tapper and answered Paul by saying: “Well since Trump’s economics speech is the same economic speech every Republican candidate has given for 35+ years, we here at CNN like to cover the News, and having one candidate ask his supporters to use ‘their 2nd Amendment remedies’ against his opponent is News.”

10 Likes

This is going to finish with a full Mortimer Duke meltdown.

2 Likes

Someone running for POTUS should not have to have people explaining constantly what he really meant. Words have meaning. If Trump can’t articulate what he “meant” he should not be President.

18 Likes

This is SUCH BS. Nobody covered Trump’s ‘economic’ speech extensively because there was no ‘there there’. You don’t come out (unless you’re a Republican) and say ‘I’m giving an economic speech’ and then give no policy points. In this case, the Donald stepped on his OWN dick because he WANTED you to concentrate on his missteps instead of his speech so he could accuse you of not concentrating on what wasn’t THERE. He’s like one of those criminals that short change you in the hope you get so confused you just let them walk away with your money.

9 Likes

Every day you’re explaining, is a day lost for your message.

But perhaps this is a feature, not a bug?

I mean, what IS Trump’s message?

America sucks? That’s what the convention was about. And when that failed miserably, we’re on to gaffes and gaffe-deflection?

For the next 85 fucking days?

4 Likes

Plus, it would make for shorter reading…

2 Likes

you nailed it.

This is exactly what’s happening.

It’s glaringly obvious that Trump has little interest in politics or policy. He just wants the “prestige” of being president.

And his poor campaign staff signed on to something completely different. I assume.

6 Likes

“These things, just because you say them, they’re not true,” he added. “We have been covering the substance. We have been covering the things that are bad to Hillary Clinton.”

Back at 'cha Jake - you have certainly been covering the things that are “bad to Hillary Clinton”.

These things, just because you say them, they’re not true.

6 Likes

Manafort wouldn’t know the truth if he was pissing on it!
And that’s exactly what he’s doing!

4 Likes

“Whaddya mean saying something doesn’t make it true? Works all the time in the Ukraine.”

4 Likes

Lordy, lordy, lordy…I’m not sure I can last that long…

1 Like