Discussion: CNN Host Shuts Down Trump Surrogate's Attempt To Peddle Clinton Conspiracies (VIDEO)

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the host shut anyone down. Overall it was a pretty weak effort.

24 Likes

Quit while you’re behind, they’re not paying you enough anyway!

2 Likes

This is the same guy who bitches that he can’t live on a $120,000 a year salary.

21 Likes

I’m developing a serious crush on Brianna Keilar.

And could Sean Duffy be a bigger ass? Sure, Sean, I can tell how serious you are about the “real issues facing the nation” by the way you just twitched and howled through every conspiracy in the book. Perhaps we should start some rumors about your fitness for office, the only difference being they’ll be grounded in the truth.

24 Likes

What would be an adequate effort? Should she hit him with a chair?

29 Likes

um yeah. I didn’t watch the vid, maybe it tells a different story, but the transcription doesn’t indicate that anyone was shut down. It indicates that this numbnuts got out every talking point he wanted to, and received just enough tepid pushback that he can next go on Fox and talk about how unfair CNN was.

16 Likes

That’d be good, yeah. But she wasn’t particularly up to parrying this doofus. I’m pleased that she pushed back. My problem is with the term ‘shut down’.

3 Likes

I didn’t think it was weak - I thought it was matter-of-fact and a little exasperated. What she left unsaid, but her tone hinted at, was “your story has become tiresome”.

11 Likes

That whole exchange accomplished exactly nothing. It wasn’t even an exchange; it was two people talking at once. I’m glad Keilar called him out though.

3 Likes

“Nothing on the Trump side leads you to believe he is not healthy.”

You saying that, Sir, is enough for us to believe your head is not healthy either.

7 Likes

Well, the media and news channels don’t have the balls to shut down any Republicans ever. That’s a job for Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and John Oliver, among others.

If the media had the spine to stand up to the right-wing mendacity, the interviews would go more like, “So, Rep. Duffy—allegedly you like to f*ck baby ducks who are sympathizers of ISIS. Care to explain?” And don’t relent from that line—remember, he who sets the framework for the conversation dominates. Didn’t they learn anything from Colbert?

When Rep. Douchebag-du-jour acts flabbergasted and asked, “says who?”, you say, “people—people are saying this.” Don’t they know that’s enough of a source to satisfy the average American zombie? :wink:

18 Likes

While some of The Media do make mild attempts to “shut this down” shouldn’t it really be the Clinton camp that shuts this nonsense down? Every two minutes there’s a Trump spokeperson on a cable network pushing these insidious lies, over and over and over again. Remember - this is the Rightwing tactic: say it enough times and people think it’s true especially if it isn’t effectively challanged. I don’t see any attractive, intelligent, believable official Clinton spokepersons appearing and swatting this crap away.

2 Likes

@kunda311
That’s not entirely true. A black pastor who was a surrogate for HO said on MSNBC’s AM Joy on Saturday that birtherism started with the Hillary campaign. What Reid did was perfect. He kept talking and all the while she was telling him he was wrong, and that was going to be the end of the conversation. Reid has shut down others and she’s no nonsense about it. He may think twice before he spouts that delusional nonsense. Or at least until he gets to Faux.

@redraleigh. She’s got a rapid response team within her campaign and they’ll deal with the muck They’re in a parallel universe where fiction is king and trumpian delusions rule.

@daveminnj The Congress is in session 124 days a years, they get paid $174 K a year, and they complain it’s not enough. So they’re always open to outside financing to tide them over…

11 Likes

Not to quibble, but I think it was 174k he said he couldn’t live on.

9 Likes

There you are… even worse.

6 Likes

That might be a strong term for what happened, I’ll admit. But I’d say it was a pretty creditable effort myself, seeing that she has to maintain her own composure and professional demeanor in the face of continual and outrageous lies from this shameless piece of trash. Did anyone notice he said the Orlando shooter endorsed Clinton, not the father? Just contemptible. She didn’t reduce him to stammering and silence, unfotch, but these GOP pigs are that shameless and they’re trained in this stuff. I’m inclined to say she did fine, given the constraints she’s working under.

11 Likes

Trump, the RNC and all the surrogates have truly reached critical mass of outright insanity.

6 Likes

Not to put too fine a point on it but somehow the headline writer didn’t think he (or she) would get the traction with ‘CNN host makes credible effort’…

6 Likes

But how long did it take for the president of MSNBC to apologize to Duffy?

1 Like