Discussion: CNN: DOJ Could Get Mueller Report As Soon As Next Week

1 Like

Jr., start carrying a toothbrush with you, and wear clean underwear. It’s closing in on Friday…

12 Likes

So giuliani works for CNN now? No wonder I haven’t seen him lately.

18 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know about this. Anyone else skeptical about this?

Since there’s a DOJ guideline about indicting a sitting president, is the thinking here that to indict the kids is to indict the father? So don’t indict any of the family while he still sitting POTUS? I don’t get it…

25 Likes

“Newly sworn-in Attorney General William Barr is preparing to announce the conclusion of the Mueller investigation as soon as next week…”

Not to put too fine a point on it, but perhaps he should check with Mr. Mueller first.

42 Likes

In 2020 we need new laws that no appointee of the next individual 1 has authority over any special council investigation.

18 Likes

I view this as more empty speculation. I can see Barr requesting an interim status report from Mueller, but not much more than that. There are too many moving parts here.

My target for Mueller getting to a tipping point set of indictments and an lengthier interim report on some key areas like obstruction is May, but I do expect this to go on for a long while.

As for shutting the whole thing down, while that is a risk, I think it would create a huge backlash in the House and the country. I would think Barr would be smart enough to grasp that, but who knows. That said, I’m going to stick with my view that this is more speculation that Trump uses to ward off bad Russia probe news cycles like the one he is in now.

47 Likes
9 Likes

Unfortunately, I think this won’t highlight conspiracy, because so many have lied to Mueller. In addition, Mueller never indicted Don Jr. Jared Kushner and others, despite what we know was lying to Congress and I’m sure lying to Mueller.

This doesn’t make sense considering very recent indictments and ongoing prosecutions of foreign countries. At best, Mueller should only be providing a status report.

8 Likes

Those boxes could all be Manafort related because he’s done.

22 Likes

Feb 28 (Washington). AG Barr announces the firing of Roberts Mueller for failing to file a report on time. “And don’t get me started about the TPS cover sheets”.

13 Likes

If it involves Trump (We’ll have it in two weeks, it’ll be beautiful!) and CNN, you bet. Who knows what they’ll get. Could be a progress report. Could be the rough draft of the table of contents. I’ll wait.

6 Likes

File under “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

14 Likes

TPS cover sheets!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Insofar as that part goes, I expect those indictments would be the last round dropped (if they’re not already in the pile of sealed indictments out there), as EVERYTHING will go nuclear at that point.

17 Likes

Your mouth to gods ear!

13 Likes

Whatever the specifics of this, the situation is clear:

Bob Mueller, the LEOs he is working with and the United States House of Representatives are the only things standing between the American People and an out and out Dictatorship.

Spin that any way you wish…

27 Likes

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!

7 Likes

Call me cynical but if serial liar Giuliani is correct, it is more than a bit suspect that the Mueller report is suddenly “done” under a week after Barr assumes office.

11 Likes

If Mueller had been told that his operation was getting shut down, and he didn’t want to broadcast that to us, his team would not commit such a basic opsec fail as parading around with empty boxes so we could all freak out together on the internet while poring over tea leaves.

If Mueller had been told that his operation was getting shut down, and he did want to broadcast that to us, he’d call a press conference and say so.

9 Likes