Discussion: Clinton On Trump Looming Over Her In Debate: ‘He Was Very Present’

It wasn’t just standing behind her, either. He also stood over her while she was seated and wagged his finger at her early on. It’s the sort of aggressively misogynistic body language that would be coached out of a candidate in debate prep. The people who wrote the 2012 autopsy would be the first to tell him that a Republican candidate caught in a ‘battle of the sexes’ narrative will lose - badly.

22 Likes

When you’re losing go to intimidation. It really turns the chicks on.

17 Likes

I wanted her to just turn around and give him a quizzical look. Just once :confused:

8 Likes

I used to do an exercise with my men’s groups to illustrate this effect.

I would walk up next to them as they were seated and stand close to them without touching them and ask them how that felt.

In almost every case they felt very uncomfortable.

I would be interested to see Secretary Clinton do this to Mr. Trump and see how he responds.

4 Likes

Or turn around and say, “Whadda YOU want? Go back to yer chair until I call you!”.

2 Likes

Ah, Trump… Keep trying to intimidate Hillary.

That woman has sat with Kings and Prime Ministers, Tyrants and Potentates. You’re an obnoxious insect who is entirely beneath her notice.

17 Likes

There are some things you simply cannot unsee :frowning:

3 Likes

He was just following McCain’s example.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/23412

1 Like

Also looming over Hillary is Putin. Trump is obviously going to lose. But I wonder who wants a divided, weakened America? An America that will not follow its president into war? We are almost at war with Russia in Syria. Russia just moved nuclear capable missiles within striking distance of Berlin.

I hope people begin to take this seriously. It really overshadows the Trump bullshit of the day. Russian and American racist misogynists unite. That is Putin, peacemaker.

1 Like

Maybe she should have just spum around and “hit” him with her mic :smile:

1 Like

He attempted to pull a Rick Lazio. She should have done a Monique Bastos…

1 Like

Uh, Republicans. Try “she made him do it.”

3 Likes

I would have liked her to say,“Donald , during my career I have had to deal with real men. You are not what I consider a real man. Please sit down and shut up until it is your turn.”

2 Likes

Lurch from “The Addams Family” certainly came to mind

3 Likes

Worth a repost: :scream:

Bad, bad Orange Man scared kitty.

Kitty was afraid the bad, bad Orange Man would grab her! Orange Man should be in an institution for the criminally insane.

11 Likes

Thing about this is that if the woman–or any intended victim–doesn’t give in to it, then the bully is diminished and loses. As Trump did last night.

5 Likes

You let your kitty watch the debate?

(My cat was up next to me, but she only watched long enough to confirm cats’ superiority to humans, and then went back to sleep.)

6 Likes

Very scary and creepy. Donald Trump looked like a menacing groper, sexual predator and pedophile lurking in the dark shadows.

6 Likes

It also looked like he was giving the finger at one point. Watch how he’s holding his hands. But then maybe it’s just because they’re small.

1 Like