Discussion: Clinton On Alabama's DMV Closures: 'It's A Blast From The Jim Crow Past'

Discussion for article #241315

Unfortunately, it’s worse than that. This isn’t just about denying Blacks the vote- it’s about hurting the Democratic Party so that they can’t take seats away from the Republicans. In the end, this is all about setting up a White Man’s Utopia in Alabama.

3 Likes

I completely agree, except that I just can’t wrap my brain around “utopia in Alabama”. I could more easily comprehend “utopia in Bakersfield”.

2 Likes

No, it’s a blast from the Jim Crow present. The tradition of keeping the vote away from citizens in Alabama only changed tactics.

Well said.

Republicans don’t believe in democracy, 'cause that would result in electing more Democrats. So they’re doing everything they can to limit the vote to older, less-educated, lower-income, christianist, white males.

2 Likes

I hope someone has filed a lawsuit.

1 Like

How about a national holiday for Voting Day? Can get rid of Columbus the genocidal maniac day in exchange.

Lots of countries have elections on Saturdays.

1 Like

HRC should get herself down to Alabama and lead a march on this. Right now. Rub shoulders with real actual people and do something progressive and constructive. This is a national outrage, and carefully crafted statements calculated to rock the boat only a little bit won’t cut it, for the country or for her campaign.