Discussion: Clinton Compares Attention To Her Emails To Benghazi

Discussion for article #245333

Not just Republicans, Madam Secretary.

6 Likes

Oh dear.

Seriously, I don’t think we want to link the two.

2 Likes

“This is very much like Benghazi,”

True. The only interest anyone has in either subject is how they can use it to hurt her politically. It’ll be forgotten 10 minutes after the election.

31 Likes

She should have been saying this months ago. Pubbies beating another dead horse I say.

Btw, where’s the Anti-Cruelty Society when we need them?

7 Likes

What’s she’s basically saying to the GOP is “F*k you, you’ve got nothing on me and you know it”.

21 Likes

They are linked. It’s been a four year, tax payer funded, zogillian dollar campaign fixation intended to do one thing.

22 Likes

Is there anyone who cares about this, or Benghazi, that watches Fox News less than an hour a day? I’d put the over-under at 2 hrs of Fox a day for the dividing line between people who care and people who don’t.

11 Likes

Well you have Issa and Gowdy on Benghazi and the DOJ on the email thing.

There’s a difference there.

2 Likes

Not Just Republicans, Madam President.

FIFY

11 Likes

30 Likes

When you have nothing to run on, or are losing badly, all you have are FAKE SCANDALS.

7 Likes

I wonder who made the determination to drop another batch of emails 3 days before the Iowa caucus? Do Senator Grassley’s ex-employees have that much pull inside the DOJ? Would they have screamed the DOJ was being political if the emails weren’t dropped before the Iowa caucuses? I don’t know but the timing was…convenient.

11 Likes

Moot, but not forgotten.

1 Like

Yup, that’s pretty obvious to me too, Mrs. Clinton. Can we get reax from Kevin McCarthy?

1 Like

Grassley has it in for Huma Abedin, Clinton’s closest adviser

2 Likes

The only thing that scares Grassley more than a powerful woman? A powerful non-WASP woman.

10 Likes

This email thing has been bothering me from day one, DJ. I think we ought to be able to at least examine what it’s all about and admit that there are some troubling aspects.

(DISCLAIMER:I have no animus toward Hillary, nor am I a misogynist, troll or GOP plant and I will vote for whomever the Democratic nominee is and I hope it is Hillary because she will be the best choice but I love Bernie and want Hillary to adopt his positions on FTT and bank reform)

This is a somewhat dispassionate view from Scientific American:

“As a public official, Clinton is required to ensure that copies of her correspondence enter the historical record. At least in theory, running a private mail server gives Clinton the power to cherry-pick e-mails she chooses for the record, permanently withholding or deleting the rest. As millions can attest, however, you can never be sure there are no copies that will surface later. A smart government official wishing to keep communications secret would do best to avoid anything electronic. In this case, Clinton’s situation mirrors our own: How far should employers—in this case, us—have the right to monitor their employees?”

Benghazi was pure political bullshit played up for obvious reasons.

This…well, this is an extended rollout and anything can happen here. I wish I were as certain as you that there’s no there, there but I can’t say that without more information and I damn sure don’t want to see it put in the same category as Benghazi.

4 Likes

I agree with Hillary that the attention paid is the same.

However, Servergate comprises self-inflicted errors in judgement regarding its installation, use, and transparently spun justifications after discovery. Benghazigate was a totally Republican-originated attack against President Obama’s 2012 reelection and Hillary, the probable Democratic candidate for the 2016 election.

Hillary is not responsible for Benghazigate.

5 Likes

Some people are going to be very very concerned about transparency until the elections are settled.

2 Likes