Discussion: Climate Change Awareness Group Using Popular 'Pokemon Go' Game To Lure Voters To Register

Getting the self absorbed Pokemon Go player to register to vote.

It will only work if you lure them to the voting booth, on the correct day, at the right time, and have a pica-whatever promise them bonus points if they push the buttons (or fill out the form) to vote.

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea…though I’d leave out the part of who to vote for to gain bonus points, if that’s how the game is played. I have no idea (I don’t play the game). My son has been playing it in Cleveland. I just hope it doesn’t lead him to that frickin’ ugly GOP Convention downtown next week…regardless of how many bonus points he’d get.

1 Like

Good for them for finding away to proactively take advantage of a recent entertainment trend to try and achieve some good instead of just whining about other people trying to have some fun with their life.

1 Like

True story, just after dark last weekend. Driving to the pharmacy on the way home:
DH: What’s with the big crowd of people in that parking lot?
Me: I dunno, cross fit class probably.
DH: No, maybe a movie shoot…
Me: Hey, I don’t think so. Everyone is looking down at their phones.
Both: …POKEMON GO!

My first impression of the game was child molester’s dream app. Then I heard about those robberies. Generally though I like the idea; easy for me to say living in middle of what I guess must be the target demographic and target locations. Anyway, voter registration is great. If this fad is still going in October they’d better put lures in early voting locations too!

1 Like