Discussion: Clapper: 'Watergate Pales' In Comparison To Trump's Scandal Parade

About time the cracks started appearing. I mean, how fucking long did we expect the intelligence community and its alumnae to tolerate this shit before getting pissed and starting to defend themselves, etc.?

15 Likes

But Mr. Clapper, “what do you REALLY think?,” runs the traditional verbiage! :sunglasses:

Watergate was at least a purely domestic affair. Nixon didn’t try to sell America out to the USSR or Red China. And Nixon at least had the decency to resign.

13 Likes

Clapper is now not an Eric Trump-certified human. Sad.

9 Likes

How much longer can chaotic presidenting by tweets and leaks of confidential information, accompanied by daily bombshell leaks from staff inside the White House continue before the entire edifice collapses? The country needs a functioning executive office. We do not have that now.

1 Like

Off topic, but this is alarming. What has Trump done? What about our 11,000 military personnel serving there?

Turkey’s parliament is expected to fast track on Wednesday existing legislation to allow its troops to be deployed to a Turkish military base in Qatar, officials from the ruling AK Party and the nationalist opposition said.
The move appears to support the Gulf Arab country when it faces diplomatic and trade isolation from some of the biggest Middle Eastern powers. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain severed relations with Qatar and closed their airspace to commercial flights on Monday, charging it with financing militant groups.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, our current House majority pales to the 92nd Congress.

GOPers won’t turn on Trump until their own elections depend on it.

2 Likes

I want to say “all in good time dear commenter” but I want to point out two more factors:

For resignation to be a genuine prospect, A. at a minimum more time is needed for the country to get it and for the obstreperous potential defendant also!

B. Numerous more like-minded (pro-impeachment) votes are needed in Congress too, and they arrive soonest November 2018, if at all!

(With Nixon, pro-impeachment votes in the Senate numbered around 85 out of 100, and that is a long long way off!)

1 Like

Trump: Of course. I am always ahead of anyone else in this world. No one beats me.

And all Nixon said when a conspiracy to cover up was proposed by his chief of staff Haldeman was “Uh huh”, as opposed to trumpp who just can’t STFU. Memo to Rince Prib who is trumpp’s chief of staff: Haldeman was chief of staff. He went to jail.

7 Likes

I sit home & watch the news every night; I think of what this must be doing to the Hemorrhoid in Chief & I smile. Sometimes if the news is particularly damaging I giggle & clap my hands. For a moment I feel guilty because I say to myself “but what about, if the president fails the country fails?” I quickly snap out of it.

2 Likes

It’s more than 140 characters but here’s this guy’s bona fides. Doesn’t sound like a total sleaze, just a run of the mill loyal R.

1 Like

I am at the risk of repeating myself, but much more time is needed for that level of acrimony and fatalism to obtain!!

I’d think that “not a human according to Eric Trump” is a badge of honor.

2 Likes

WaTergate PaiLs in compariSon to unMasking!

3 Likes

The next dignity wraith’s name is Wray, kinda ironic. More than halfway there before he’s even officially nominated.

If you agree to work for the man whom bankers and lawyers don’t want to touch, what does that say about you? Of course maybe he just figures that trump will be gone in a month or two…

I assure you, they started to defend themselves before the inauguration. You don’t have to be a deep-state conspiracy nutbag to realize that Comey isn’t the only one in D.C. who knows how to build a paper trail when something doesn’t smell right.

2 Likes

Duh!
(re: Clapper’s quote)

Watergate-American’s fucking over Americans.
Trump/Russia gate - Russia fucking over Americans with Americans.

Big Difference.

1 Like

Personally, I’m interested in seeing the Republican Party identified as a terrorist organization and shut down.

Watergate - Iran/Contra - the Iraq War.

Now this? I’d say there’s a clear pattern.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available