Discussion: Citing Iranian 'Threat,' Trump Admin Skips Congressional Review On Saudi Arms Sales

What is Jared’s cut? the usual 5% ?

31 Likes

C’mon, it’s the Saudi’s. They’re just lovable scamps. What could possibly go wrong with this?

22 Likes

Trump Tower Riyadh!

11 Likes

Team Trump: It’s true because we say so.

9 Likes

Remember when tRump declared the emergency over funding the wall, and people kept speculating over what a Democrat would declare an emergency over? This is what some of us worried about- this same petulant, thin-skinned, petty, tin-pot dictator-wannabe would pull this same stunt again. As long as Senate Republicans back his bullshit, the only real option outside of the courts is impeachment.

11 Likes

At what point does the Republican Senate realize they’re the ones being cut out of all oversight, review, and authority, Constitutional powers be damned?

(And do they care?)

Hashtag “institutionalism”.

23 Likes

sigh

26 Likes

How does impeachment stop that? It doesn’t. All it does is put a black mark on his record as long as the Senate won’t convict.

11 Likes

“These sales will support our allies, enhance Middle East stability, and help these nations to deter and defend themselves from the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he added.

Nothing says peace and stability in the Middle East like arming them all to the teeth. What happens when radical elements in Saudi Arabia (more rogue than MBS) get a hold of some of those weapons?

14 Likes

Hey, we also sold weapons to Saddam during the Iran-Iraq War.

Let alone some Bin Laden dude in Afghanistan…

It’s a long-standing business of ours to ensure future military endeavors by arming and training our future enemies.

29 Likes

At least there is one standing tradition he isn’t tearing to pieces. hahahahahahahahaha Cause we do this all the time, regardless of who is president.

16 Likes

They don’t call it the Military Industrial Simple for a reason…

7 Likes

All they seem to care about is re-election. I’ve never been a big fan of term limits, but now wonder if that could be part of the solution. Most of the Republicans that have spoken out we’re not seeking an additional term.

1 Like

True and though we should stop emulating Basil Zaharoff’s business model, it again says a lot that the one thing that ‘45’ could rightfully criticise Obama for, is the one thing that he’s willing to ‘improve’ on.

4 Likes

“a reliable security partner in the Gulf”? Didn’t seem to matter when he broke the treaty with Iran. Didn’t seem to matter when the utility of NATO was questioned. Didn’t seem to matter when he turned most of Europe against him. Didn’t seem to matter when he started feuds with Canada, Mexico, Japan and South Korea. Have I forgotten anyone? I’d throw in Puerto Rico but they have enough problem remembering that it is a part of the US. It’s obviously the money. He has been bought again.

19 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if the attacks on those tankers were actually staged to ratchet up tensions in order to claim justification for the pending arms sales to Saudi Arabia. The intelligence on the attacks was pretty sketchy.

18 Likes

Only starting? I’ve been positive since day one-- you can check the archives.

Only question is who the guilty party was – Us, the Israelis, or the Saudis.

This announcement could put a thumb on the scale for the Saudis.

10 Likes

That has already happened.

14 Likes

Yes it did.

And then W flew every Saudi out of the country quick quick.

11 Likes