Discussion: Chuck Todd Departs 'Daily Rundown' In The Most Awkward Way Possible

Discussion for article #227020

Sorry, this is not news. It’s “meta” of the fluffiest sort.

18 Likes

You’re right - but maybe it foreshadows the disaster that awaits MTP with Todd as host.

7 Likes

and now MTP with chunk todd as he leads the show into a spectacular crash and burn

5 Likes

Ahhh… Modern 21st century technology…ain’t it great?

3 Likes

I’ve used Skype a million times, including conversations with someone across the planet and I’ve never had delays as bad as are being experienced by this gigantic media company. Really NBC can’t get a live feed going.

7 Likes

It does make me cringe… but I sorta hate him so I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Excellence in reporting! Kudos TPM team!

9 Likes

Bet you’ll never hear these words…And joining us today on MTP via Skype is…

7 Likes

By fluffiness, you mean unbearable platitudes, shallowness, yet levels of deep boredom? I agree with Marby…this is what foreshadows and awaits the audience of MTP. It won’t change a thing. Can’t believe that’s the best NBC could do, replacing one asshole with another. Terrible decision-makers there.

7 Likes

Agreed. I was speaking of TPM’s Front-Page editors, who I hold to a higher standard than MTP’s.

4 Likes

David Gregory: Call home! MTP: Beware! TPM: Get this crap off the website!

I’m so full of Schadenfreude I sort of hope Microsoft was a sponsor.

1 Like

Chuckey being awkward on TV is hardly newsworthy…I thought that was his shtick. Well, his shtick when he’s not being a shill for the rwnj’s that is.

1 Like

This was a technical glitch. What is it with TPM and the click bait headlines lately?

2 Likes

As a nice Jewish boy Chuck was aiming for “I’m all verklempt” but it got lost in translation.

Todd is the epitome of the talking head. As long as he’s scripted, he’s o.k. He has neither the savvy nor the balls to wing it.

4 Likes

Define lately. This tendency goes way back.

It won’t be long before MTP is hawking gold coins and reverse mortgages.

4 Likes

TPM,

This is pathetic.

If you feel the need to turn a technical glitch into a story, then at least keep it out of the large headline position.

Edward

1 Like