Discussion: Carson: The President Wouldn't Have To Follow SCOTUS On Gay Marriage

No kidding. Why some intrepid report doesn’t ask this jagoff that obvious question, I do not know.

1 Like

My mom thinks AOL = Internet. Doesn’t matter how many times I tell her otherwise.

Well, if Dr. Carson feels that way, POTUS doesn’t have to go along with Citizens United or pay any attention to SCOTUS if they rule against Obamacare.

3 Likes

Yes, by all means. The Republican party should definitely nominate a person who guarantees that he will create a constitutional crisis as his first order of business!

Yep, let’s just descend into anarchy and have at it.

What a jerk.

1 Like

Careful, Ben, you don’t want to reach Peak Derp too quickly! There’s a lotta gold to be mined from them thar rubes before you implode.

3 Likes

We need to remember that the power of “Judical Review” was established by Justice Marshall in his decision in the cave Marbury vs. Madison. It is based on an implied power, not an enumerated power. With that said it is an example of a SCOUS decision that gives meaning to the Constitution’s need for crarification to the written text.

Wow. My mom (who was 89 last month) fires up her iPad every morning, Skypes with me in CA and my brother in PA, and occasionally Facetimes my sister in Europe. She was “no no no, I couldn’t do any of that complicated techie stuff” until I put an iPad in her hands about 5 years ago. I’m not sure it’s been out of her hands since. This was a woman who previously could place a call on a cell phone but didn’t know how to answer one. Now she uses an iPhone.

1 Like

I’m beginning to think that I could be a pediatric brain surgeon.

3 Likes

1 Like

Carson is as clueless about the U.S. Constitution and how our government works as he is about foreign policy and world affairs.

Dr. Ben should stick to discussing neurosurgery. On all other matters, he is clearly out of his depth.

2 Likes

Somewhere, Jefferson Davis weeps.

2 Likes

It doesn’t say they have the responsibility to carry out a judicial law.

What are you talking about? What in hell is a “judicial law”?

Clearly, smart and stupid are not mutually exclusive.

…as many clown car occupants demonstrate,

Looby

1 Like

But uncle tom, why do we need the supreme court then? Didn’t uncle bush make sure there were supreme justices that would do as we say? And uncle tome why did that man just tell you you had to come in the back door when the the RNC convention starts next year? Uncle Tom, that a check that sure is a lot of zeroes.? Are really you going to be the next Rosa Parks?

Oh great, another gop/bag running for president, that doesn’t know what he is talking about…sigh.

What is so painfully embarrassing about this is that the good doctor appears to have no idea that he is clueless.

Of course, this would ONLY be true if the SC rules FOR marriage equality. If it votes AGAINST it…well, then it becomes the law of the land because…because the SC says so.

1 Like

More proof that Ben Carson is totally unqualified to be President. He says he is not a politician. That’s fine. But he is also totally disqualified to be POTUS. No experience, strange opinions, and apparently ignorant of the constitution.

Sadly it’s a person with a high intelligence in some areas, but that has stupid ideas he believes to be true and he uses his intelligence to manipulate people that don’t have intelligence.

1 Like

You’ve put your finger on the real issue here. I don’t look at Carson as a serious candidate; he has literally zero chance to get the nomination. The mere fact that his candidacy exists is the canary in the coal mine for both the mainstream media and the Republican base.

The fact that he hasn’t been “laughed off the public stage” already is an indication of how irredeemably degenerate and corrupt American “journalism” is. Carson has proven himself to be flat ignorant on a wide range of topics, yet there is apparently not a single fucking mainstream journalist with the brains, the balls, or the initiative to ask Carson questions that a reasonably precocious eleventh-grader who’s had a couple of Civics and American History courses in a decent high school would be able to ask.

We already know what his popularity with the GOP base indicates about the latter.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available