Discussion: Carson Inaccurately Credits Thomas Jefferson With Writing Constitution

Discussion for article #243119

2 Likes

“Well, you know how it is. All those white boys look alike.”

56 Likes

No, no, Ben. Thomas Jefferson contributed only a series of tweets to the Constitution, with lots of LOL’s and OMG’s.

47 Likes

What a fucking idiot. Rinse. Repeat tomorrow.

13 Likes

Concentrate on the swinging charm ---- You’re getting very…very …s.l…e…e…p…y - - - -

4 Likes

The GOP must be very proud of itself.

24 Likes

Oh, that’s OK. Ignorance is totally cool, as long as you get the myths right.

16 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about this; Republican voters don’t regard extensive knowledge of our government as a requirement for holding elective office.

32 Likes

“I’m impressed by a lot of them”

If Thomas Jefferson were here today I’m sure he’d pleased with this positive evaluation.

8 Likes

It’s the Black George Constanza!

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

7 Likes

maybe the people who for some reason take him seriously think they can pray the stupid away

7 Likes

My history might fail me, but I think Jefferson was in France during the Constitutional Convention.

Q: What’s the difference between God and a doctor?
A: God knows he’s not a doctor.

31 Likes

“I’m impressed by a lot of them.”

Interesting. I’m sure you read a lot of history. Which of those books has been most influential on you, Dr. Carson?

“Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.”

12 Likes

He just really likes the name “Jefferson” — Reminds him of something —

3 Likes

Moronic.

3 Likes

Everybody knows that Jefferson was too busy designing his memorial to store the grain in than to waste time crafting the Constitution.

25 Likes

Dumb as a bag of rocks.

6 Likes

I think our alien overlords have decided to mess with us via the Republican party nomination. They are using advanced alien technology to trick the Republican base into supporting Trump and Carson. Not that any of the other ass-clowns are any better, but Joey Hairpiece and Uncle Ruckus provide an entertainment value that only are alien overlords can enjoy.

1 Like

Ben Carson is a BLOOMING IDIOT.

2 Likes

You are correct, Jefferson was in France while the Constitutional Convention was under way. Like wise, he was in Philadelphia when Virginia was drafting its own constitution. He had strong disagreements with both documents, but provided no serious input in the crafting of either.

His two serious beefs with the US Constitution was a lack of a Bill of Rights and the lack of any term limits on both the Presidency and more particularly, the Legislature.

10 Likes