Discussion: Carson: I Would've Taken A Different Approach To The Rap Radio Ad

Discussion for article #242572

“I’m a person in the Ben Carson campaign who feels this is a good way to do things, and I approve this message.”

15 Likes

Just looked at the headlines here.

Buh bye, Dr. Carson.

I hope you get help, because it appears you had laser vision as a neurosurgeon.

As a wannabe politician, you suck.

6 Likes

And yet somehow Carson is “blacker” than Obama?

4 Likes

Go with the peel-and-eat shrimp. It’s innovative.

8 Likes

Apparently Ben Carson’s relationship to his own campaign is similar to his relationship to Mannatech (as he perceives it): they pay him to go out there, give speeches and make testimonials, but when it comes to the decisions as to how they use his image, he’s out of the loop.

21 Likes

What? This was HIS campaign, not a super-pac. It had one of those “I approve of this message” disclaimers in the end. Sorry idiot…you built this shit sandwich, you own it.

18 Likes

“You know, I support, you know, them in doing that,” Carson continued. “But, you know, I probably would have taken a little different approach.”

It’s your frikkin campaign, asswipe.

11 Likes

Ok, so it wasn’t his idea, that means it must have been the over-fed, no-necked, melanin-challenged campaign manager. In fairness, that makes a little more sense, but he seems to be missing the part about where the buck actually stops.

7 Likes

With HILLARY you librul sumbitch!

1 Like

I swear I wouldn’t trust this guy to take care of my cat for a week and he wants to be President? No haps, bud.

13 Likes

Oh…Ben, Ben, Ben…

http://new4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Sadly+now+i+m+out+_af9b3498c958cf75782705aa9e2a9310.gif

6 Likes

“Well, there are — there are people in the campaign who felt that that was a good way to do things. And, you know, they’re entitled to their opinions about such things,” Carson said.

“You know, I support, you know, them in doing that,” Carson continued. “But, you know, I probably would have taken a little different approach.”

Now THAT’S a Trifecta!! Undercut your campaign staff, show the population you were trying to appeal to that it was complete utter BS, and display to your donors you have no fucking idea what your own campaign is doing.

GO BEN GO! FIGHT BEN FIGHT!

15 Likes

I think we’re watching the implosion in real time.

5 Likes

How can you tell? This is how he always sounds. Are you suggesting that the only thing necessary to cause his campaign to collapse was for people to pay attention to him? Surely not.

2 Likes

If there is anyone in the TPM community who can rap better than this, please “like” this post so we may get an accurate tally. Thanks,

Chauncy4Prez2016.

3 Likes

President Carson today addressed the US invasion of Ukraine,

“Well, there are — there are people in the Administration who felt that
that was a good way to do things. And, you know, they’re entitled to
their opinions about such things,” Carson said.

“You know, I support, you know, them in doing that,” Carson
continued. “But, you know, I probably would have taken a little
different approach.”

12 Likes

Just to be clear, I’ve never actually tried or given any thought to it, and Pat Boone probably rapped better than me on the whitest day he ever had. But I’d have listened to that track and said, “No, it’s not working. It will never work and could never work and I do not approve this message.” So if we’re limiting it to just Ben, yeah, in that negative sense I rap better. Plus I can name a few of the hippity-hop artists I’ve listened to over the years and I doubt he could do the same. I post “Christmas in Hollis” for the amusement of my Facebook gang every December. NWA is more for home consumption.

6 Likes

In an attempt to clarify the president’s message, the White House issued a second statement:

“If the media weren’t so busy doing ‘gotcha’,” Deputy Press Secretary Orly Taitz said, “they would understand our facts.”

10 Likes

And don’t forget that warm fuzzy feeling of confidence it inspires in everyone else.

This is the second strike this week on the leadership question. First, the tried to make himself the front man on the faux “negotiation” with all the networks going forward for the entire field. Which promptly fell flat on its face as every polling above 1% said no thanks.

Now he admits he can’t even run his own campaign…that he disagrees with what the people running it are doing, but he won’t stop them from doing it.

6 Likes