Discussion: Carson: I Had To Go Home For Clothes Because 'I Grew Up To Preserve What I Have' (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #245624

I bought a suit in November and wore it to a wedding. Then I had it dry cleaned. Were there no dry cleaners in Dr Carson’s neighborhood?

10 Likes

The Carson White House will have rooms dedicated to bread wrappers, rubber bands, and balls of twine.

32 Likes

Hotels have washing machines and dryers.

6 Likes

“Carson then suggested that flying home for a new set of clothes was the financially responsible move.”

Yes, because a flight to Florida from Iowa costs way less than a few new items of clothing.

And nobody’s saying he had to toss his dirty clothes in the garbage. How was this idiot ever considered a force in this race?

29 Likes

So, Ben was brought up to “preserve what he has,” (in other words, not to be a spendthrift). So instead of sending his clothes to be laundered, he gets on an airplane and flies to Florida, where, presumably he sent his clothes to be laundered. I’m thinking cleaning bills might be more expensive in Florida than in Iowa.

Seriously, this guy has got some brain damage going on. His goofy answers to questions just boggle the mind! And the fact that he thinks people should believe this lame excuse is more proof that he has a serious mental problem.

I also heard he left because he wanted to spend time with his wife, WHO WAS IN IOWA AND WAS SPEAKING ON HIS BEHALF AT A CAUCUS EVENT!!!

21 Likes

Ben, Ben, Ben. We’ve seen photos of the interior of your Maryland house. The place positively reeks “just bought, new money.”

15 Likes

You know they have these new fangeled things called suitcases, and these wonderous novel places called dry cleaners and laundry services in hotels and in even the most Podunk towns.

Wow. Just wow.

15 Likes

Did he FedEx himself home? I’d think the cost of flying back to Florida from Iowa would exceed the cost of whatever clothes he picked up.

6 Likes

And pyramid shaped grain elevators.

1 Like

I wonder if Mental Ben thinks all the other candidates are like cartoon characters who wear the exact same outfit episode after episode…

3 Likes

To be fair, this behavior only looks strange in the context of running a Presidential campaign. Anyone here think that’s what he has been doing?

7 Likes

So he flies home to save money on laundry? What is he, a Depression Era kid? Makes no fucking sense, but then again, Ben Carson running for President never made any sense to me either. I know what being a penny pincher is all about, but you can’t make me believe that’s what motivates this guy, not in a million years.

And what’s with all this talk about ethics. If any Republicans gave a flying fuck about ethics, they wouldn’t be defending unlimited campaign spending and SuperPACs. Give me a break.

5 Likes

For that matter, couldn’t someone have picked out his next set of clothes and shipped them to his next destination??
What a maroon!!

10 Likes

Well, he wasn’t on the Appalachia Trail. I’d have passed him by now.

5 Likes

“Seriously, this guy has got some brain damage going on. His goofy answers to questions just boggle the mind! And the fact that he thinks people should believe this lame excuse is more proof that he has a serious mental problem.”

I have thought he is crazy ever since he volunteered his screwy behavior when a gunman poked a gun in his side at the Popeye’s “organization” and he said he told the guy “I think the one you want is behind the counter over there.” This sounds like something someone would have accused him of doing rather than something Carson himself would have volunteered. It’s like he is so out of touch with reality he is clueless to how his admission sounds to normal people.

5 Likes

Well, there is one way to look at it: It isn’t even his money; it all comes out of the campaign coffers. Of course that still flies in the face of “preserving what he has,” as being economical. This dude has a major screw loose.

3 Likes

This.

This is exactly the penny-wise pound-foolish thinking that led to Flint.

The short-sightedness that led to 9/11.

The tunnel vision that led to the Iraq intervention.

The Republican party in a nutshell. In this case, maybe literally.

11 Likes

Mind boggling. He thinks he’s saving money on some new slacks by paying for a flight from Iowa to Florida??? He could have outfitted himself at a Costco twice over for less than $100.

What does he do when he gets hungry… or have to go to the bathroom? Get a plane ticket to fly home for some home cooking and to use the bathroom instead of paying at a Chick-Fil-a or Denny’s and using its restroom??

So if he is president he thinks he would cut the budget big time by flying tens of thousands of GIs home on countless flights once a week to recover their clean camos and gear they keep at Pendleton and Benning??? This instead of paying for the cargo flights of bringing their clothing and gear to them and pre-fabricated laundromats for the mess hall???

8 Likes

“Carson then suggested that flying home for a new set of clothes was the financially responsible move.”

Yes, because, of course, why would you send your clothes to a dry cleaner and laundromat. It’s way better to fly a few thousand miles to pick up fresh ones.

What a buffoon.

5 Likes