Discussion: Carson: I Don't 'Condone' Oregon Militia But 'There Are Legitimate Grievances'

Discussion for article #244284

Why does Dr Carson hate Teddy Roosevelt?

5 Likes

Weak.

3 Likes

death spiral…

1 Like
Carson in 2014 expressed support for Cliven Bundy, describing the Nevada ranchers and his supporters that participated in a standoff with the Bureau of Land Management as "pretty upstanding people."

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,”

Presumably, Carson’s endorsement predates Bundy’s disquisition on “the Negro”.

7 Likes

For a while Dr. Carson was an interesting candidate.

1 Like

“…there’s absolutely no reason that the federal government should lay claim to so much land.”

Well, actually there is. The federal government owns that land. It was bought and paid for with taxpayer money long before the Bundy thugs were born.

12 Likes

Because TR was a progressive. Not particularly secular, but still too progressive for today’s Republican Party.

5 Likes

No, Dr. Carson, there are no legitimate grievances. These guys–the ones for whom the protestors are acting out–had their day in court … and lost. SCOTUS denied appeal. End of story.

10 Likes

TPM Folks: Your Commenting program isn’t “ON” for your other morning stories. Frustrating, guys. Thanks. Oh, and Happy 2016!

3 Likes

Run mouth - think later

5 Likes

Are you sure? This man “thinks later?”

5 Likes

Carson went to Jordan and visited with Syrian refugees for about 20 minutes and came away an “expert”. Is that what he did as a brain surgeon?

Carson needs to visit with those Domestic Terrorists in Oregon for 20 minutes…and he’ll quickly come away realizing they are Mormon Fundamentalists and no different than the Muslim fundamentalists in Iraq and Syria…the civilized world calls them TERRORISTS!

They are occupying and taking OUR land…the land that belongs to ALL of us and NOT to crazy gun wielding Mormon fundamentalists! They are as selfish as they come!

10 Likes

Yep. Even when the official Mormon Church in SLC comes out against you, you know you’re on the wrong side of this issue.

4 Likes

Hell, even Ronald Reagan would be too progressive for today’s conservative and the ones riding in the GOP Clown Kar.

3 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

History, you should learn it. Anyway, even if they do have concerns that are legit they should handle it through the process available. What they are doing is not helping their cause at all. So far all they have done is support a few guys breaking the law at the expense of everybody else following it. Many, I would say vast majority, of ranchers are going to be conservative in nature. But they are still obeying the law because they are not idiots . Even if they disagree with something it does not mean you get to ignore it.

Civil disobedience is a thing but this is different than what we have seen in the past. This is showing up with a heavily armed group daring a fight. This is not a group of people or students that are just around. Even in the scenarios involved that they like to mock that had looting it was a large number of people and the vast majority did not do it. Here we have a small number that wants a fight and any reason to have it.

2 Likes

Calling my shot: Carson will one day harvest organs for his ISIS overlords.

Carson: I Don’t ‘Condone’ Oregon Militia But 'There Are Legitimate Grievances’

Well, that’s fair. It’s the same position he’s taken with respect to Black Lives Matter.

Oh, wait . . .

5 Likes

I think Carson needs to get his gone and take over to Egept to get that grain.