Discussion: Cantor's Pollster Blames Democratic Meddling For Loss

Discussion for article #223795

I would have made it too, if it weren’t for those meddling kids and that stupid dog!

33 Likes

Of course he’s claiming that. Better than if he admits he’s incompetent and wasted all the money paid him.

15 Likes

scoobie-DOOOOO!

5 Likes

The arch-nemesis of the Republican party isn’t the Democrats, it’s reality.

34 Likes

“…And also that asteroid that just passed within 700,000 miles of us.”

8 Likes

At least he blamed it on something else beside Benghazi.

24 Likes

While we progressives might want to pull up a chair to watch this GOTP dogfight, just remember that the wing nuts will be voting because they hate and they fear . What’s motivating us?

7 Likes

Those meddling kids!

3 Likes

Cantor’s Lament: But it was such fun getting the Democrats’ goat by hurting the country in order to make life difficult for President Obama. Who knew that Democrats had teeth?

6 Likes

WOW … really? so he is saying that the “meddling Democrats” jumped in over the weekend and took a situation where Cantor had a 34-point lead … and swung it around to where Cantor lost by 10 points … a net 44 point swing? Cooter did that? really ?

is is possible that this guy Mclaughlin just did not know what he was doing? and possibly after spending so much time over the years crafting bogus surveys that would produce the results that he wanted - he simply forgot how to conduct surveys that accurately projected the truth?

17 Likes

Hilarious.

I said it two days ago: Democratic pollsters are in the business of telling their customers the truth because those who don’t get no repeat business. Republican pollsters are in the business of telling their customers what they want to hear because those that don’t get no repeat business.

Self-deception and fuhrerbunker delusion are integral to the modern Republican ideological foundation. And when truth inevitably crashes their party, they’re inevitably going to go with a conspiracy theory–False Flag! Stabbed in the back by traitors! MSM perfidy! Voter fraud!

And when you’re a pollster whose job is selling bullshit, you’ve definitely got to be able to blame Them when you’re inevitably proven wrong.

37 Likes

Meh - I’m cool with it.

4 Likes

Sounds like time to get Cooter back in the game.

3 Likes

He still has that retainer from Rove :smile:

4 Likes

Sounds more like he had Mitt Romney’s pollsters. And Karl Rove is still waiting for Southern Ohio to come in!

9 Likes

‘So you see, sneaky Democratic voters mobilized by tweets sent out by a single former politician accounted for the other guy’s 10% margin in a 2-1 Republican district.’

Ha, well, I suppose I could snark, but this is the only remotely face-saving thing anyone on Cantor’s side could say under the circumstances.

And since they just became about the least employable political operatives in the country, I guess I don’t need to pile on. Bonne chance, mofos!

4 Likes

6 Likes

PPP is already shooting this down.

http://t.co/ept1FwymhY

His internal polling sucked, but the numbers and trends were right there all along apparently.

It really is stunning that he outspent his opponent 20-1 and not only lost, but apparently had no clue as to where they were. 34 points up in internal polling only to lose by 12…just wow.

12 Likes

The pollster left out an important demographic in his polls; Democrats likely to vote. Talk about your skewed poll! LOL

3 Likes