Discussion: Candidate Drops Out After Book Of Anti-Gay, Breast-Feeding Rants Surfaces

Discussion for article #241415

I wonder who published this fine collection of essays - HarperCollins, perhaps? Or Simon & Schuster? And how many weeks was it on The Times best-sellers list? I’m sorry I missed the book tour.

4 Likes

WTF, was he writing a book of racist misogynistic insults to boost his popularity among the KKK? I’m glad he found productive ways to occupy his time following his stint as a writer, but perhaps a locked room with little outside contact would have been his best course.

5 Likes

Cappola too close to Crappola for me. I’d change it. And he objects to women exposing their breasts too.

1 Like

232 pages? Wow. I would have thought he’d quit after his monitor was coated with Liquid Paper about 10 pages in.

11 Likes

I’ve done some freelance editing for the Oxford University Press but I don’t remember seeing this one. Pretty big outfit, though, so someone else might have worked on it.

4 Likes

wow. he’s a republican? who’d ever believe a republican would say such things?

10 Likes

you’re misquoting: he said they should put it back “wear” [sic] it came from.

“Republicans denounced Cappola’s language in the book …”

Why do I find this hard to believe?

4 Likes

name names.

““put it back wear in came from!!!””

Wear? How do adults reach the point in life where they can afford a suit, but still don’t know the difference between “where” and “wear”? This isn’t a teeanger pounding away on twitter. This is an adult writing a “book”.

7 Likes

No, clearly McGraw-Hill. The editor was the same guy who called slaves workers in a caption.

6 Likes

TPM:

Republicans denounced Cappola’s language in the book that included saying gay people should keep their “sexual preferences” ''behind doors like normal people do."

I’m confused. I can’t really see Republicans getting upset by homophobia, misogyny, racial bigotry, etc. Their usual response is to complain about people not being able to take a joke.

Obviously, stuff like that is offensive and stupid - but not to Republicans, generally speaking. So what did Cappola write that upset them?

3 Likes

Hey, just look at the guy. His face screams “wisdom.” That alone wants me to find out more about his dynamic, original thinking.

1 Like

No, it’s true. The GOP was disappointed that the book wasn’t in English.

1 Like

Why does he hate America? !?!?!

2 Likes

An insult to adults world wide. Or humans in general.

Nailed it!

They just can’t help themselves, must be genetic.

1 Like

A real Jersey Shore type.

1 Like