Discussion: Canadian Press: WH Aide Asked Trudeau To Convince Trump Not To Nix NAFTA

Good thing Trudeau didn’t mention that he’s good buds with Obama, or that agreement would have been torn up the next day.

My dog, though, isn’t it embarassing that foreign heads of state have to be coached on what to say to the Orange Menace, in the hopes that he doesn’t wreck the worlld-

I am curious, though, as to what WH aides will whisper in the ear of Duterte or Trumpie-Kim or Erdogan or any other bloodthirsty dictators when they arrive. ā€œMake sure he doesn’t hit the buttonā€??

8 Likes

Dissension in the White House? What an absurd idea!

(These guys make the Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight look like models of honesty and efficiency.)

5 Likes

I think that Preshitident Trump should focus on imposing a 34% tariff on all Chinese imports and declare China a currency manipulator. And then begin work on stealing Iraqi oil. Nixing NAFTA can wait till until next January.

5 Likes

Trudeau probably cinched the deal by complimenting Lust Object’s rack.

4 Likes

Kushner seems to be angling for an ice pick from Bannon.

7 Likes

Why do you think Jared and Ivanka moved to DC? Daddy needs 24/7 care.

As my beloved late spouse slid into dementia, I was frequently smoothing out misunderstandings with friends, merchants, doctors, etc. I recognize the pattern.

8 Likes

Oh good God…are we going to be subject to another round of ā€˜I’m in charge! I’m in charge!’???

2 Likes

This is a nice gotcha, but it’s also unfortunate that the canadians decided to leak this. Because it’s going to make it that much harder to keep the crazy old man from blowing things up in the future.

1 Like

How so?

Kushner is on the phone at this very minute setting up a similar call between Chiselin’ Trump and the president of Mexico.

1 Like

This is the type of incident that should concern every person in this world. The man-child wakes up with a lil stickie and his significant others aren’t around to ā€œplacateā€ him so he decides a trade war is appropriate. We didn’t elect a dictator, we elected an unstable man-child.

This is also why we, as a nation, must do some extreme vetting of all of trump’s associates. He is more dangerous than ISIS and only sane and level-headed individuals should be giving trump guidance.

4 Likes

Jared’s also hoping the Prezzie Pampers will come off as soon as Trump stops wetting the office…

1 Like

Trump is a paranoid sociopath who doesn’t like being publicly manipulated, so he’s going to be more suspicious. And the WH aides who might make the calls are going to at least stop and think about how it’s going to make them look when the story comes out, and whether trump is going to punish them for saving his ass.

It’s at the margins, to be sure, but it’s still a factor.

1 Like

Every two-bit dictator out there is just salivating, realizing how easy it is to manipulate the US Resident into getting what they want.

Good times for despots.

1 Like

The idea that Trump’s minions have to go behind his back and appeal to Trudeau to coax donnie to do the right thing, is just horribly pathetic. This idiot is truly a national disgrace.

5 Likes

Well, we have a Moron-in-Chief who is regularly schooled by foreign leaders who run the gamet from trusted allies like Merkel, Trudeau, Nieto and May to adversaries like Xi Jinping. Better he be schooled by leaders who share American values at least instead of the Putins, Erdogans, Xis, Dutertes, and Assads of the human rights violating world.

Dear President Trump:

I wish to help you make America great again. I recall with great fondness the days of your great slave owner President ā€œStonewallā€ Jackson, who tried to stop your American Civil War by making slavery the law of the land north and south and east and west. While I do not believe in owning human beings as chattels, I am a very strong leader like yourself who has no qualms about killing them if they say mean things about me.

I would pay handsomely to meet with you and convey ideas for stopping all the mean things people say about you in the fake news media. Can I buy an eternal membership in Mar-A-Lago? I hear it is a tremendous spot where wealthy persons like myself play at the golf game. I would like to take up club swinging game that does not involve snow, ice or the Russian mob.

Sincerely,
V. Putin

2 Likes

Just as long as it isn’t reported on Fox & Fiends I’d hazard a guess he may never know about it.

Hey Electoral College: you worthless assholes happy with your choice?

(Special invective for Hillary delegates who decided to join on the fun and voted against her.)