Discussion: California Lawmakers Return Fire At Trump Over Sanctuary Cities Threat

“DHS officials told the White House that the policy would be illegal, economically unfeasible and bad PR.”

Like that’s stopped Trump before…

8 Likes

Trump wants to ghettoize immigrants?

I feel like I’ve heard this plan before from history class but just can’t quite put my finger on it. What leader did this before? It’s on the tip of my tongue,…

6 Likes

It would seem that the sanctuary areas could experience an economic boom and the whole thing could backfire on Trump. Once the initial issues (food housing jobs etc) are solved the assimilation will begin. It would seem that several of the leaders from the areas Trump is threatening should hold a joint news conference and call Trumps bluff.

5 Likes

Sure Trump, but first we will require a $1billion bond to offset costs to handle YOUR problem.

1 Like

Classic bait and switch from Trump. The Mueller report is still coming out, and there’s nothing he can do about it.

2 Likes

Makes sense to me.

Also - - if donald bussed thousands of asylum seekers to these cities: 1.) - wouldn’t the g’vt be required to funnel the money that would otherwise go to the private jailers to these cities? 2.) Couldn’t these locales count these people toward the 2020 census regardless of if the ''are you a citizen of the US" question gets on the census.

The result would be sanctuary areas would get more money, and then in 2020 get more Fed. dollars and representation.

It would be a cool way for it to have unintended consequences on donald.

1 Like

Well , the cities would get more workers . They would get wages , pay their taxes , buy from the local stores and make the cities wealthier .

1 Like

It is obvious, but worth noting that Trump is just a vortex of “spin”: facts get sucked in and self-serving B.S. gets spewed out. Consistency is not an issue as the only consideration is how Trump is served at this moment. The only foundation for “truth” is Trump’s self interest.

It is so easy just to despise this guy.

And even that isn’t certain. Whether he was echoing Stephen Miller’s latest revanche, fondly recalling tidbits from his bedside copy of My New Order, or had just watched Escape from New York and thought prison cities were a thing is pretty much a tossup.

1 Like

Trump’s logic is to manufacture a crisis as best he can, any way he can. Human or political collateral damage notwithstanding.

1 Like

Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) pointed out the inconsistencies in Trump’s desire to boot immigrants from the country and simultaneous threat to load them into U.S. city centers.

“Which one is it, Mr. President?” Newsom asked during an interview with the Los Angeles Times. “That fundamental flaw in the logic needs to be considered.”

Chiselin’ Trump: “No logic flaw! No logic flaw! You’re the logic flaw! And, besides, those U.S. city centers are not part of REAL AMERICA, so there!”

Four taco trucks on every corner.

Which would be totally cool with me. :sunglasses:

Cc @katex

1 Like

My guess is the migrants are already going to sanctuary cities. They go where they have family and friends who have jobs who can help them get started. Since most of the jobs are in cities, and most of tour cities are run by Democrats who don’t want to make their local cops agents of ICE, it stands to reason that the migrants are already heading to sanctuary cities.

So I guess Trump is just volunteering to pay their bus fare.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available