Discussion: California GOP Attorney General Nominee Faces Ethics Panel

Republicans’ nominee for California state attorney general is facing an ethics tribunal

SURPRISE Surprise surprise

Exactly what we should expect from today’s republican party… there are NO honest republicans left, they are all crooks and grifters.

On the plus side, he does not appear to have ties to Putin

4 Likes

In other words he’s just another typical Republican who will get his butt soundly kicked by Becerra in November!

1 Like

All of his reported violations sound like “I know I’m a good guy, so the rules don’t apply to me.” In other words, the kinds of things that bring the entire judicial system into disrepute.

And his son, for some reason, could only get a job at a court-related company whose owner just happened to be an acquaintance of his dad’s. Uh-huh.

4 Likes

Look at that face! Surely these mistakes are those of an inexperienced youth, new to the arcane legal world of politics.

1 Like

I’m sure the young man has a promising future behind him.

5 Likes

Well, this won’t hurt his chance of being elected in California much, since that chance was pretty close to zero before this story broke.

2 Likes

“California GOP Attorney General Nominee Faces Ethics Panel”

Isn’t that a prerequisite for getting nominated as a Republican

4 Likes

As an infamous lawyer once said “Sez who?”

2 Likes

Dig deeper please, TPM.

El Dorado County has a loooooong history of less than main stream views on law enforcement. The County seat, Placerville, was once named Hangtown back during the gold Rush era, a name they earned by how justice was administered. Their County Sheriff (John D’Agostini) was a member of the “Constitutional Sheriff Association” I don’t know if he is a current member.

1 Like