Discussion: Brit Hume Heaps Praise On 'Impressive' Buttigieg

Iowa and New Hampshire are open caucus/open primary states. They are also very white. I imagine Buttigieg’s strategy is to try to win there with a coalition of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents so he can be viable in South Carolina. As a strategy, it may well work. Like you I just don’t really know where he stands on issues. He’s hard to pin down.

His website might be a decent place to start. There’s an “issues” section on the upper left that takes you to all his rather vague policy stances.

2 Likes

I kinda think its like republicans that vote in a democratic primary to skew the results. I wonder what they think of beto or warren or harris or gillibrand or booker?

1 Like

Brit is feeling the fizzz. When you lose Brit…Buttigieg is the polar opposite of Trump.
More than anything I think this shows Trumps act is wearing thin with more folks than ever.
Maybe many more than expected.

3 Likes

Seems like Brit has been eating his Wheaties this week. LOL

2 Likes

what a boss

Trump doesn’t need FOX News. He has FOX Faux News.

In fact he is a fox himself and all he has to do is tweet his news and hold rallys. That will show them. He doesn’t need them. Only losers need them.

FOX will be outfoxed.

I’ve given more money to Warren but Buttigieg is my second favorite. He has the messaging and framing skills that the party badly needs.

4 Likes

You’re joking, right?

You can go to his website issues page: Pete for America/issues

Or watch a few videos on YouTube by searching “Pete Buttigieg”

Super simple.

2 Likes

Or drinking the clean water.

His rallies, void of positions or policies, are not gaining supporters and are getting weaker and weaker by the day.
The last one I saw he couldn’t find even one African/American to stand behind him for show.
They are going to have to go out and actually pay people to go to his rallies, if they can afford to pay ANYONE any longer.

2 Likes

He’s got a war chest that would make King Midas blush. But I hope you’re right about the rest and that the number of his true believers is getting whittled down.

Maybe he’s what you get when people like the Koch Bros realize the Ryan/Moulton type turn off a large portion of Democratic primary voters.

Something doesn’t add up. Why wouldn’t they get behind someone with the same qualities who we know more about like: Beto, Klobuchar, Booker, Harris? And I don’t think they give a daymn about Biden re-litigating anything. He seems like their ideal candidate if they want what you say, to beat trump (& has strong foreign policy and market driven policy).

My wording wasn’t terribly clear on that point. Biden sat at the right hand of Obama throughout the “disastrous” Obama era. Policy-wise, Biden would be a great pick for the NeverTrumpers, but politics-wise, having Biden in the WH likely rekindles still-smoldering anti-Obama sentiment. That would make it very difficult to wrest control of the GOP back from the Trumpers.

Thoughts on the other candidates you mention:
Booker, Harris: black. Would make it harder to tamp down the overt white supremacist sentiments.
Klobuchar: woman of the particular type that is disliked by the R base. Similar effect as above.
Beto: ??? Seems like a decent vehicle for the NeverTrumpers, but he’s polling at about half of Buttigieg among Democrats. If he starts polling better among Dems, I think we’ll see some NeverTrumpers (or ReallyPreferNotTrumpers) boosting him.

I still may have the wrong end of all of it. This is just how the situation is looking to me at the moment.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available