Discussion: BREAKING: Judge Sends Manafort To Jail After Revoking His Bail

The Trump Gang Theme song:

15 Likes

Lock him up! Oh, the schadenfreude tastes especially sweet this morning.

10 Likes

It appears Cohen is softening to a flip, and this will put Ole Pauly on ice for a while to consider a likewise approach. I guess his kids have been charged in the State of NY too.

My two cents.

26 Likes

Alex, I’ll take spoonerisms for $400

6 Likes

Say hi to Mom! From JAIL!

4 Likes

I’m a strong believer in the rule of law, and that a person is innocent until proven guilty, but I’m not a court of law. I won’t say the man is guilty, that’s for a jury to decide. By the preponderance of evidence I’ve seen, it sure seems to me Paul Manafort should never again and will never again walk this earth a free man.

Peace out, you dictator-licking prick.

49 Likes

I guess the “Affluenza Argument” is coming up…?

6 Likes

Struggled?? What could she possibly have struggled with? Commit two felonies while on house arrest for numerous alleged felonies? What a stupid comment.

12 Likes

I wonder how Sarah Slanders will try to spin this?

18 Likes

The shoes worn by Jebbus’ dinosaur?

4 Likes

Good!

2 Likes
58 Likes
11 Likes

Reading this news made me sit up at attention.

45 Likes

And by “struggling with the decision,” one suspects she means “I struggled with putting a rich, powerful white guy in jail knowing it would set off a wave of political outrage and presidential fear-tweeting and with not putting him in jail knowing that anyone who wasn’t a rich, powerful white man who tampered with witnesses while wearing two ankle monitors would be in jail so fast your head would spin.”

53 Likes

She’ll say that the White House has always supported the rule of law,
and that Manafort has nothing to do with Trump, and that this can mark an ending place for the witch hunt.

12 Likes

Ooh, I hope they forfeit his bail too. The two courts charging him had been divvying up his misbegotten properties already. That way, even if Trump tried to pardon Manafort, he would stay punished at least a little bit. in the only way that would really hurt him.

4 Likes

I see what you did there

3 Likes

Admitting that she struggled with the decision makes me think that the judge is well aware of the political and public nature of this situation. Otherwise, you’ve got a feckless felon tampering with witnesses, breaking agreements, and lying left and right to the court. It’s pretty much an open and shut case that this guy needs to be locked up.

11 Likes

Not sure I like this news. What could Cohen possibly give to prosecutors that they don’t already know? I am getting sick of these deals. Typical federal prosecutors in my experience. So afraid of any potential adverse ruling they make these unnecessary deals.

1 Like