Discussion: Bombshell Newsweek Report: Trump’s Biz Ties Would Be NatSec Nightmare

1 Like

I was waiting for this to hit this morning. Sweet.

33 Likes

In the hands of a competent news mechanism, this would be devastating. But, sadly, we do not have a competent news mechanism in this country. So, much to my dismay, Donald J. Orange Rasputin will live on.

26 Likes

None this matters of course. Why? EMAILS!!! SHE’S SICK!!! EMAILS!!!

27 Likes

Trump has a basket of deplorable skeletons in his closet. We will be learning more about them each week.

23 Likes

Gee Donnie, do you think you might have misread the security briefer’s body language and they were uncomfortable with you?

35 Likes

Dishonest Don now wants to plunder the US government, stealing billions more!

18 Likes

My Trump supporter friend, just now, when I sent him this over google chat…

“Well the Saudi government donate to the Clinton Foundation. So, she’s in bed with criminals too. How come that doesn’t get any play. She takes money from terrorists.” (sic)

copied and pasted right from it. Won’t. make. a. difference.

18 Likes

There’s a simple solution this this problem. Just don’t elect this piece of orange fecal matter President. Got that, people?

37 Likes

Based on his fraud and scam filled history, every decision Trump makes will primarily be based on how it impacts him personally. Everything else is a distant second.

e.g His response to 9/11 was to brag that his building is now the tallest in lower Manhattan. For Brexit, it was about how his golf courses would be impacted.

29 Likes

SHOCKED!! SHOCKED I say!!!

there is gambling going on in this café?

7 Likes

O My Goodness. An actual news story.

31 Likes

Remember when Trump said he would talk to Kim Jong-un? Of course he would, he does business with that kind of political thief worldwide.

7 Likes

Here is the thing. The MSM and the GOP (many of whose honchos are terrified of a Trump Presidency) helped this along in the summer of 2015. Fueled it during the fall of 2015, fanned the flames in the winter of 2016.

They did not think about lemmings and the snowball effect on them. This reality TV show is impossible to stop, because the people now “deciding to vote” (the proverbial undecideds) are making up their minds because of thought processes far removed from the “rational” factors discussed in this Newsweek piece.

This was brought out by a guest on Lawrence’s show last night. It is impossible to predict when and why a Gary Johnson type person or some fence-sitter may decide to do the right thing.

Even if Trump were to have sex with his daughter in the middle of Times Square, maybe the “undecided” voter will conclude that “a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do”.

We may be beyond the ken of human reason.

22 Likes

I can already smell the false equivalencies with the Clinton Foundation being cooked up already.
Both sides do it will be the “fair and balanced” main stream media reporting.

18 Likes

More conflicted than Cheney? Wow. That’s saying something…

15 Likes

But your Trump-no-matter-what friend (sorry to say) does not matter. We are not talking to those unpersuadables (not to mention deplorables) – our GOTV drive does not target that group.

17 Likes

This is why I’m a fan of Eichewald! One of those few real reporters out there these days.

18 Likes

The False Equivalencies are for the soccer moms and male beer buddies in suburbia. Trump has got his people…and if he can nudge a few more undecideds he’s in. We are now in Mein Kampf (opinions about the subjectivity of the masses) territory.

But we already knew all this. There is a segment of people who Hillary may have been able to reach. Bernie helped pull those people either off limits or to Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. He does not look to me as though he has any real interest or ability** to get them back.

** some of them just may tell Bern to fuck off

9 Likes

The gist of the comments from Trump supporters on the Newsweek site is that the emails and Clinton Foundation are WORSE. None of the Trumpers seemed to get the concept of conflict of interest.

14 Likes