Discussion: Boehner: We're Gonna Have An Obamacare Replacement 'Soon'

Discussion for article #234499

Why replace something that seems to be working. If it’s not broke, you have nothing to fix.

1 Like

Boehner didn’t answer a follow-up question about whether it would cover 16 million people, the number who have gained insurance since Obamacare became law five years ago this week.

This is why they worked so hard to defeat it. Every year the bar for replacing the ACA get higher. Obamacare has done everything Bill Kristol feared when he urged republicans to kill healthcare reform 20 years ago:

It will relegitimize middle-class dependency for “security” on government spending and regulation. It will revive the reputation of the party that spends and regulates, the Democrats, as the generous protector of middle-class interests. And it will at the same time strike a punishing blow against Republican claims to defend the middle class by restraining government

The republicans wont have a replacement for Obamacare “soon” or anytime in the future. They have a vested interest in not fixing problem. Ditto on the Voting Rights Act.

4 Likes

This is to easy.
Heres the bill:
The insurance companies will dictate the coverage and the cost of healthcare. Those who can’t afford it don’t deserve it and they can just suffer until death saves them.
20% of profits will be forwarded to the RNC on a quarterly basis. Those who don’t pay the RNC will be penalized 1% of profit along with a reduction in capital gains taxes of 1% from 2%.

RealSoonNow? John, can you be a little more quantitative? Specifically:
What’s the earliest date by which you can’t prove that it won’t be ready?

I’d never suspected that Mr. Boehner was formerly a software developer.

Right after he’s done with the Obama lawsuit?

Being From ‘OHIO’ I just have to say , ’ CARROT - BOY ’ , first of all the Sun don’t shine enough in OHIO to achieve That Color ‘Skin-Tone’ and Secondly , we have been hearing this ‘CRAP’ from you ‘john-nee’ and your ‘Ilk’ for the past 6 yrs … WHERE IS IT BOY , SPIT IT OUT MAN (Ted Baxter quote ,‘Caddy-Shack’ , "Wellll , Where Waiting ") …

and right after that we’re going to take up legislation to return to the gold standard…

As soon as Boner achieves sobriety.

Here is a more recent quote, from Sen. Orrin Hatch, November 1, 2009:

And if they get there [enact health care reform], of course, you’re going to have a very rough time having a two-party system in this country, because almost everybody’s going to say, “All we ever were, all we ever are, all we ever hope to be depends on the Democratic Party.”

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Speaker Boehner has assigned Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI) to contact Ayn Rand via a Ouija board for her input and assistance in drafting a replacement for the Affordable Care Act.

I think his “skin tone” is the result of a “whiskey glow!”

Promises, promises… this is right up there with “I won’t ____ in your ______.”

At least 30 million people (through exchanges and Medicaid) have healthcare because of Obamacare. Meanwhile, the Kaiser Family Foundation’s latest poll shows Obamacare approval at 41/43, one of the smallest gaps to date. Now that people are living with Obamacare, they don’t hate it as much as they thought they would, and I would wager they sure as shit don’t want to deal with another healthcare system overhaul. If the GOP was smart (hint: they’re not), they’d leave this whole thing alone and stop talking about Obamacare and health care altogether.

Ha Ha. Yeah just as soon as Ryans five year old budget gets numbers in it.