Discussion: Boehner At Work On A Memoir: 'Notes From A Smoke-Filled Room'

Shouldn’t that be “A Smock-Filled Room”?

3 Likes

What kind of smoke?

The answer to that will make a BIG difference in what comes out of the word processor.

1 Like

Boehner? Boehner? Oh yeah, that was the guy who gave us Ryan and made Ohio a disaster area.

More like… Notes From The Tobacco Company’s Pocket.

2 Likes

The book draft was done by hand on a legal pad and is stained with Merlot and tears.

1 Like

Boehner turns out to be one of the strangest critters ever to make it to D.C. Is anyone who uses cannabis comfortable with this guy at the epicenter of the business of production and distribution? I’m certainly not.

I rather like the title for his book, it works for him.

Yeah, I know, he’s a dick and the freedumb caucus made his speakership even worse; yadda yadda…just saying I like the title of his book that I’ll probably never read.

(He made me laugh with his video clip post retirement when he was driving that Winnebago smoking a cig and singing to some song on the radio…while the freedumb caucus he left behind was trashing the place and he all but gave them the finger. Sorry, but I laughed with him.)

3 Likes

Asked what his proudest accomplishment was, Boehner replied that he was still a jackass, even after 25 years in the House. And being Speaker.

As we say in Spanish, “Vale.”

Wow, he was all over that legal cannabis thing a lot earlier than I thought. The second volume is tentatively titled, “Dude, you got Doritos or something?”

2 Likes

Good title. I guess Boehner is the last of the deal making Republicans. I’m sure he’s got some great stories to tell, if he tells them.

1 Like

I hope that orange drunk John Boehner still remembers that he handed out checks from cigarette companies in the House floor to sleazy conservative members of Congress.

1 Like

To be followed by “Notes Taken In An Alcoholic Stupor.”

If he can remember through the haze of scotch

Tobacco Road to Riches

Carnac the Magnificent does not see a bestseller on the horizon for Mr. Boehner. He could be wrong of course, but somehow I doubt it.

And I think it’s that I walked out of there in October 2015 as pretty much the same jackass I was when I walked in almost 25 years earlier.
Sounds like a huge waste of taxpayers money on this employee.
Oh wait, it was and the crying game continues…

“Notes From My Pre-Cirrhosis Ridden Liver.”

“Smoke-filled Room” …
you mean from his tanning bed?

January 2011, how sweet it will be for Madame Speaker to get the gavel returned to her.

1 Like