Discussion: Bobby Jindal Calls For End To Birthright Citizenship

Discussion for article #239502

1 Like

Wait. Doesn’t that make Piyush ineligible to be President?

13 Likes

I thought the Constitution was sacred and inviolate.

15 Likes

Jindal is pathetic. He’s like the annoying little brother of your friend back in high school who wanted to be part of the cool crowd by constantly agreeing with what everyone says and generally sucking up to everyone. Just be yourself, kid, no one wants to hang out with a wishy washy parrot.

10 Likes

The Constitution, and the Bible, are only sacred and inviolate when they support your xenophobic racism. The parts that contradict it, not so much.

9 Likes

Kenneth the Governor says, “Look at me god damn it!”

2 Likes

We need to end birthright citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Jindal seems confused as to what the term “immigrant” means. We don’t and can’t have birthright citizenship for undocumented immigrants as anyone who is born here isn’t an immigrant, documented or undocumented.

6 Likes

There’s no longer any question about it – Trump is driving the clown car. The rest have stopped struggling for the wheel and at this point are are just squabbling over who gets to sit in the front passenger seat, who sits on top of whom in the backseat, and who gets tossed in the trunk.

10 Likes

ummm… yeah… questions for Piyush…

would you be willing to set an example and renounce your’s? and then maybe follow Mitt’s advice and self-deport?

7 Likes

Piyush, Bobby, Dweeb…whatever.

4 Likes

Of course not…it would not apply retroactively because something something Messicans.

2 Likes

Yes. That and the fact that he won’t achieve 2% of the vote in the GOP primaries.

1 Like

I get it - this is the evolution (as if Jindal believed in evolution) of last cycle’s Terrorist Anchor Babies.

Jindal seems confused as to what the term “immigrant” means. We don’t and can’t have birthright citizenship for undocumented immigrants as anyone who is born here isn’t an immigrant, documented or undocumented.

I’m sure he’s well aware of that. What he means is ending birthright citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants. But punishing children who have broken no laws and done nothing to deserve punishment sounds heartless…because it IS heartless. Thus the elision.

We need to end birthright citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Pretty sure Piyush’s parents were legal immigrants.

Bobby is taking part in the very American tradition of pulling the ladder up behind you, or slamming the door behind you on the way in.

He is hoping that the revocation of birthright citizenship isn’t retroactive. Makes the natural-born part moot though.

5 Likes

Too fine a distinction, you bleeding heart. Loyalty tests for all! Friar Torquemada will judge your sincerity of patriotism to become a citizen.

4 Likes

Said the dumbest Anchor Baby ever not really named after a “Brady Bunch” character…We’re doomed.

5 Likes

Whenever you say “anchor baby,” Ted Cruz gets slightly more paranoid.

4 Likes

Oh, I get what he is really saying and why he is saying it the way he is, it is just that the way he is saying it is stupid so I’m going to make fun of him for it by pointing out how and why it is stupid.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available