Discussion: Blasey Ford: I 'Would Be Prepared To Testify Next Week' Under Certain Conditions

1 Like

Oh boy, here it comes!

54 Likes

Alright!

26 Likes

Calling their bluff. What a brave woman.

63 Likes

For those who face a paywall

In the email, addressed to top Republican and Democratic aides on the committee, the lawyer, Debra Katz, wrote that she would like to set up a call later on Thursday to “discuss the conditions” under which Dr. Blasey would be prepared to testify.

She is taking control.

56 Likes

It sounds like she’s going to testify. Go girl!

54 Likes

I believe the correct expression is “Check”; I await the checkmate move.

29 Likes

This is very very good news.

25 Likes

The whole Republican goon squad has been finding it extremely difficult to keep up the pretense that they are being fair and open minded about this.

This is going to get even more interesting.

39 Likes

II really hope she does testify. One of the things I have heard is that the Committee plans on having her sit at the same table right next to Judge Kavanaugh. I hope this is not true.

18 Likes

I can hear it now:

“Oh noes” the Republicans will cry,"We can’t wait that long. This has to happen now…

I WANT MY TRUMPALUMPA…AND

#I WANT IT NOW!!!"

32 Likes

Committee Republicans have held firm in recent days that she must testify on Monday, either in public or in private before the committee or committee staffers.

All the little lady needs to do is come in, stand before a few slavering old white men (or if she prefers, some young white “staffers”) and do a few turns to let them look at her from all angles. That’s all the examination they need in order to determine whether she was “worth it” for Kavanaugh to bother attempting rape.

If their determination is no, then he gets confirmed.

If any one of them say something like they might have considered it, or asks to see pix of her in a bathing suit in high school, then the decision whether to go ahead will be made by the president, who is known worldwide for his discriminating tastes and expertise regarding womens’ appearance.

She doesn’t need no stinkin’ documents for that. All she needs is stilleto-heeled shoes and her most alluring attire.

Boys just wanta have fun.

11 Likes

She is calling the GOP’s bluff. The safety guarantee angle is a nice touch from Team Ford.

I’m tellin’ all y’all the optics of this have changed rapidly today. Senator Gillibrand’s very emotional, powerful and moving defense of Ford topped off a series of articles, comments and events poking through the GOP noise filter.

Now, Blase Ford feels confident enough that people have her back to step out and dictate terms to Grassley. Grassley, himself, appears to be talking (through his lawyers) to various alleged witnesses of said event.

I would expect Grassley to be intransigent and stubborn in these negotiations, offering no quarter to Blase Ford. However, that position becomes more untenable when you consider the legitimate safety issue she has raised, and also the fact that Grassley knows this fucker Kava’nah’ is fucking dirty.

If I were Blase Ford, I’d get what I can out of these discussions and then agree to attend. Make that announcement by Friday and watch the GOP sweat to the point of dehydration over this weekend. They will find a way to cancel this hearing.

71 Likes

Anyone got a link?

1 Like

If that’s how she’s calling a bluff she better get some help. She’s not in control here. She’s got a good argument and I believe she’s telling the truth but the forum belongs to the GOP. She can’t call the shots. It sucks. It stinks but that’s how it is.

2 Likes

Kirsten Gillibrand: "Who is not asking the FBI to investigate these claims? The White House. Judge Kavanaugh has not asked to have the FBI to review these claims. Is that the reaction of an innocent person? It is not." (via CBS) pic.twitter.com/0MBuBZFmHX

— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) September 20, 2018
49 Likes

The GOP Neanderthal male Senators are getting played like mandolins. It’s a beautiful thing to watch. But we all knew women are smarter than men.

14 Likes

“Blasey Ford: I ‘Would Be Prepared To Testify Next Week’.”

I’m guessing that “Bart O’Kavanaugh” just “puked in someone’s car” again.

70 Likes

Christine Blasey Ford was forced to out of her house and hire private security. Grassley invites her to testify but gives her very little time to respond and then complains when she does. Meanwhile, Brett Kavanaugh shuttles between home and the WH to rehearse his appearance in front of the Senate Judicial Committee.

33 Likes

The Brettster looks worried…

10 Likes