Discussion: Black Lives Matter Activist Kills Himself On Steps Of Ohio Statehouse

He had been homeless, but I didn’t get the impression from the article he was when he died. However, I imagine that that experience might have a profound effect on one’s sense of well-being for a long, long time.

3 Likes

My condolences to the family and friends of MarShawn McCarrel. It sounds like he touched a lot of lives, and made a difference in the short time he was here.

4 Likes

Oh baby why did you do that? I am so sorry you did not see another way. This is just such a tragedy. Just looking at him that photo, and even I can see what a special soul he had. I hope he found his peace. Your potential will never be realized, the blessings never given or received. I think he could have touched so many more lives and now we will never know. So sad.

I think we have all felt a hopelessness at some point in our lives. I did but did not want to put my family or friends through the trauma of having to ID me. That worked and the next day I was in a much better place. Never thought of it again. So please stop and think about who you will be affecting. Depression can obscure that but please don’t kill yourself. You are worthy. Ask for help. Please.

4 Likes

What a terrible waste. A good friend of mine, who graduated with me in 1970, had a brother who committed suicide about then. 45 years ago, and my friend thinks of his brother every day with regret. If you are feeling like harming yourself, reach out, seek help. Things can be better.

2 Likes

How awful. Only 23. What a loss. His family and friends are no doubt devastated. Heartbreaking to think of the pain he was in to do this.

I would say hopelessness is the cause for his depression. Our society is in need of repair.

1 Like

It’s quite possible. I didn’t want to speculate, because I don’t know that much about him, but it’s a reasonable assumption in this America.

1 Like

Very sad to see MarShawn die so young. May all who love him find comfort, consolation, and peace.

"Mr. McCarrel also founded youth mentorship program Pursuing Our Dreams, which launched Feed the Streets, a project to help Ohio’s homeless.”

Mr. McCarrel regularly witnessed and interacted with severely damaged young people who far too often were repeatedly exposed to Childhood Trauma by immature young moms who WILLFULLY IGNORED their parental responsibility to their children, as well as their moral, ethical and societal obligation & duty to their neighbors and community to place the emotional well being of their children ABOVE ALL ELSE!!

Sadly, I can attest from experience it is not easy regularly witnessing and dealing with depressed, angry, sometimes suicidal people full of resentment for being irresponsibly introduced to a childhood of pain & struggle by the person who “says” they love and deeply care about them.

Mr. McCarrel’s last gesture in life was relieving himself on our government.

Was this his final act inspired by elected officials who for decades turned a blind eye to our Nation’s expanding Epidemic of Childhood Abuse and Neglect that elected officials are responsible for creating?

The same elected officials responsible for causing Mr. McCarrel to witness and share the pain of his fellow humans who were emotional damaged as children and deprived of enjoying a fairly happy American kid childhood by selfish primary caretakers?

Peace.


Doctors Ross and Dietz offer insights into how our Early Childhood Development plays a key role in determining the type of individual we mature into.

Robert K. Ross, MD, President and CEO of The California Endowment, addressed inmates at Ironwood State Prison offering a compelling overview of the role that exposure to childhood trauma plays in the lives of emotionally troubled and chronically ill American teens and adults.

At 2:12:25 in this documentary about Mafia hitman and victim of Early Childhood Trauma/Abuse, Richard “The Iceman” Kuklinski, Dr. Park Dietz explains why young Richard most likely developed into a emotionally disturbed, paranoid, cruel, heartless teen and man who did not give a frig about anyone else, including his wife and kids.


(NY Times May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers)

Black (Children’s) Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence, Police Fear & Educator’s Frustrations

No one witnessed him shooting himself dead, yet the media have all jumped on the bandwagon that MarShawn’s death was a suicide. Do we dare wonder who would have stood to gain from the activist leader’s death? Was it really a case of depression and perfectly timed socially media posts or a set up…?