Discussion: Birthers Are Now Gunning For These 4 GOP Candidates

Yet here you are, clicking and reading it like the rest of us.

It may be a small thing in your estimation, but it’s hilarious and revelatory of certain points of view.

I’m tired of the constant scolding about what the site covers. This is original content and it’s fun stuff. Let us enjoy ourselves, man!

2 Likes

Not surprisingly he flunks the exam. The term “natural born citizen” has never been legally defined. In truth, while many may have opinions, nobody really “knows” what it was supposed to mean. There are those who argue that it means you couldn’t have been born via C-section…and that interpretation makes as much sense as any other. There is little to nothing in any surviving documents that explain what the authors of the amendment were trying to get across with that wording, and there’s never been a case on point which has reached a court for discussion. If these four are, in fact, not qualified, it’s certainly not because of their citizenship. The whole Clown Car is filled with unqualified people, simply because they’re too Stupid!

3 Likes

If you want to enjoy the nonsense, there’s plenty of it at WND. Dive right in.

‘free speech’ (be advised, its freedom of speech and no such freedom inoculates stupid people from obvious consequence.)

‘free speech’.

Tenth amendment (aka one of the vaguest amendments in that document.)

which is ironic, because Washington was a strong federalist.

that’s on the ‘fire eaters’. Ironically, their right to ‘bomb throw’ was protected by the first amendment.

and the 'sovereign-citizens argument will always be the same: the constitution only goes up to twelve amendments. now I would love their opinion had this 13th amendment passed muster.

Are these people seriously stupid and nutty?

2 Likes

Wow, these people are idiots.

I think it’s helpful since it shows where a consistent non-racist application of their “principles” takes us. It’s useful to be reminded of that in general. Enough for the article to be worthwhile, more so than various “click bait” ones around here. I don’t think it being a data point on why Cruz is horrible has much to do with it at all except to hang birthers on their own petards and show why a Tea Party favorite should be a target based on their “logic.”

3 Likes

There has been so much nonsense in the past 7 years, I’d really rather focus on the more substantial reasons why the GOP presidential field has no business being in the White House. Because they are numerous, and they’re really not getting a lot of coverage in favour of the Trump clown show antics and the birther side car.

1 Like

None of the GOP candidates are qualified to be a dog catcher. Forget about whether they are eligible.

They all favor the economies of other countries over our own and want to be Job Creators only overseas. Just ask them. They are proud of outsourcing and don’t see any reason to invest in the US or its workers any longer.

All four of those mentioned in this article would move back to where their parents came from just one generation ago if they didn’t have to deal with refugees from other countries that their wars have created.

1 Like

Vattel’s pamphlet was about Swiss citizenship. A couple of paragraphs later it says that British citizenship is entirely different. RWAC’s are too stupid to understand such things.

3 Likes

Every repig I know or have ever talked to absolutely believes that Mr. Obama is a Muslim and was born in Kenya. If they tell you otherwise they are lying.

1 Like

No one is claiming they don’t have the right to throw verbal bombs, lie, or waive the traitors’ flag. But all their actions and words are subject to scrutiny and verification.

My point remains that actual historical events taken in sequence make a hash of their retreat to the “Founders’ original intent”. The first salient point is the inclusion in the original Constitution of amendment processes. There goes any meaningful claim that the original document is “sacred” or “unchanging”. The 11th Amendment (sovereign immunity) and the 12th Amendment (changing how POTUS & VPOTUS are elected) acknowledge the antebellum acceptance and utility of the amendment processes.

Then the Civil War was fought. The version of the Constitution claimed to protect States’ rights, to authorize secession, to limit federal government, and that institutionalized Slavery was re-made when the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments were ratified.

Bingham’s floor speech about the intent of the 14th Amendment, i.e., to rein in the States and to assert federal protection over U.S. citizens’, forecloses any rational person from resurrecting claims that the federal government has no role to play when state governments are depriving citizens of privileges and immunities such as due process, equal protection, and adequate education.

Your point about the failure of the Corwin Amendment just reinforces my argument about the originalists’ irrational and ahistorical arguments.

2 Likes

As a certified “birther”, allow me the opportunity to exclude Rick Santorum from the list of GOP presidential candidates whom are considered by many (not all) Tea Party conservatives to be ineligible due to their questionable natural born Citizen status.

As it turns out, Mr. Santorum’s father came to this country when he was seven years-old, after his father had been naturalized as a U.S. Citizen; thus making him (Santorum’s father), by the law of derivative citizenship, a U.S. citizen.

It’s not irrelevant to the question I was replying to. We all know that Obama was born in the US so his citizenship is not in question. And it is true that the law was changed in 1986, replacing 10 years residence with 5 after age 14 by 5 and 2. But since the question I was responding to had nothing to do with Obama, your comment is irrelevant.

1 Like

You must have missed Nicholas Cage wielding
that multi-lensed set of custom B.Franklin tri-focals in National Treasure.

That was a circa-1776 blacklight-- for the ages!

jw1

3 Likes

The floor is surely yours Mr Ex-Animus!
You have been missed.

jw1

2 Likes

On August 4th, 1961 (Obama’s birth date), the prevailing legal authority would be the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (McCarran-Walter Act). This act states that in order for Obama’s right of blood citizenship to be passed to him, since he only had one parent who was a U.S. citizen at the time of birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 14. Barack Hussein Obama, II fails the test for the right to claim “natural born citizen” status.

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952

SEC. 301. (a) (7) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years…

Thank you. You are very kind. Since I have been spending a lot of time trying to explain to my fellow Tea Party conservatives just why Sen Cruz also isn’t eligible to take the oath of office of the presidency of the United States, I have little time to bring the argument here as well. But let me say, to your credit, I have been declared persona non grata by far more conservative sights than liberal sights over the meaning of the nbC requirement contained in the presidential qualification clause of the U.S. Constitution.

1 Like

By all rights such a confession in polite society would result in pity and sorrow for the poor soul opening up about it. Sadly such depravity now barely motivates a shrug.

1 Like

I won’t say very strict – there’s a real meaning to the term, it’s not that it’s perfectly defined but the understanding is well understood. The understanding is that you be born of American parents with unquestioned loyalty to the United States. So for instance, had Obama been born [somewhere] other than Hawaii he would not have been eligible to run for President.

Not only is he just making shit up, he can’t string together a coherent line of thought. It’s either very strict or it’s maybe not and if Obama hadn’t been born in Hawai’i he would not have been able to run. I presume he forgot about the other states and territories. And unquestioned loyalty? Pulled that straight out o’ his ass.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available