Discussion: Birthers Are Now Gunning For These 4 GOP Candidates

Discussion for article #239444

Way to bury the lede, Birthers. At least three of those people are space aliens.

39 Likes

Hah, now that’s funny!

7 Likes

Thomas Jefferson, James Buchanan, Chester Arthur, Herbert Hoover and Woodrow Wilson all have a parent born in another country. And both of Andrew Jackson’s parents were born in Ireland. Do they call all of these men illegitimate Presidents? Jefferson’s mother was born in England, the country we had just broken away from.

26 Likes

Why give this nutjob a platform? He’s just making sh!t up. A citizen is someone born of parents “with unquestioned loyalty to the United States”? Where’s that written, exactly?

44 Likes

I think this is actually just a pretty great troll. It’s like a Daily Show segment before the editing – give him just enough rope to hang himself.

9 Likes

When did anyone make John McCain “jump through hoops to prove his citizenship because he was born in Panama”? Folks only mentioned it in passing when shitheads made these nutty claims about Obama.

31 Likes

Stay home and pout then. heh.

12 Likes

An “allegiance” litmus test which George Washington could not pass, since he had fought for the British Army during the French & Indian wars. Dumb asses.

30 Likes

I totally agree with the birther contingent that these four candidates are ineligible to be president. But it has nothing to do with the circumstances of their births, and everything to do with the fact they are all FUCKING MORONS!

55 Likes

Even if he was born in Hawaii, that does not make him a natural born citizen. It’s a very strict term. I won’t say very strict – there’s a real meaning to the term, it’s not that it’s perfectly defined but the understanding is well understood. The understanding is that you be born of American parents with unquestioned loyalty to the United States.

I’m sorry, can anyone direct me to the “born of American parents with unquestioned loyalty to the United States” clause in The Constitution?

57 Likes

So delicious, it should be served fresh from the headlines…

2 Likes

Prickly, picky, picky.

My favorite part of this was when he said the parent had to be a citizen 10 years after the age of 14. You must need a special light for that ink to show up in the Constitution.

35 Likes

. . . it’s not that it’s perfectly defined but the understanding is well understood.

And then the word-salad explosion really gets going. Or, to switch metaphors, things really go through the looking glass:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

24 Likes

TPM has been abducted by space aliens.

2 Likes

It’s not the citizen part I have trouble with. But “natural born?” That’s another story.

5 Likes

Especially since Andrew Jackson’s parents emigrated from Ireland only TWO years before Jackson was born.

8 Likes

Natural born of course means not by C Section…

16 Likes

Imagine what they could do with someone born from IVF…

13 Likes

Glad to help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV4F46N21PA

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available