Discussion: Bipartisan Rage At FBI For Hiding Details Of Russia Cyberattack On FL Elections

1 Like

“Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) told TPM Wednesday he was not commenting specifically on the Florida situation, but defended the FBI’s lack if public disclosure more broadly given the “tough situation” it’s in.”

“I don’t think they do it to torture everybody,” he said.

bookmarking

19 Likes

You mean Russian cyberattacks/interference in the elections wasn’t a HOAX?!

29 Likes

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said. “The victims in these cases are not government office holders. The victims are voters.

And you sir, are Exhibit Number 1.

20 Likes

doing more harm to our constituents’ faith in the electoral system

I believe that’s the idea, per the pResident’s directive.

25 Likes

The source of the attack was the GRU, so I’m surprised that gooper reptiles like Gaetz are up in arms and not humming a trump lullaby.

11 Likes

“We couldn’t get with certainty the verification that the Russians were not able [to] manipulate the data that they had access to,” Rep. Debbie Mucarsel-Powell (D-FL) said. “They found no evidence of that, but they couldn’t say with certainty that they did not manipulate that data.”

Sure, sure, the Russian military was just “voter curious”.

Why would it want to actually manipulate the outcome of the 2016 election?

The GRU is just very, very, very nosy, that’s all…

(And if anyone believes it was limited to Florida, then I’ve got some swamp land to sell them in Arizona.)

38 Likes

As they say in Latin 1 class: res ipsa loquitur.

5 Likes

The selective umbrage of Matt Gaetz is sickening.

6 Likes

Why didn’t quasi-Republican corporatist shill Nancy Pelosi do more to stop the cyberattacks?

4 Likes

Well, if Majority Leader McConnell felt there was no “there” there, then who are we to argue?

14 Likes

Yes but why was FL targeted? Because Rs can only win there by .5% with normal ratfukking…they need a little shove. I am sure the GRU wasn’t targeting states that are solid blue or red…going after the true swing states.

20 Likes

You could have omitted the first four words without losing any truth value.

14 Likes

Yes McConnell’s warning to Obama about publicizing the Russian hacks should be in the lead sentence of every story about this going forward.

30 Likes

Hard to find a statement truer than that one.

3 Likes

The FBI would never admit it if vote tallies had been changed by Russia.

It would reflect badly upon them, can’t have that! and the shitstorm it would create regarding the legality of Trump’s presidency is something conservatives -which is most of the DOJ- would be terrified of.

No doubt Democratic Party members would shrink from such information, too. They aren’t equipped, psychologically (still living in the 70s 50s & 60s), legally -the DOJ run by Trump, Courts packed by Trump, etc.- and they’re quite cowardly, to boot. “Let’s all look forward” they’d say. To a fascist totalitarian country at war with the world.

5 Likes

Maybe we should take our task force from Iran and park it close to Russia as they have been proven to have attacked us. trump says that Putin says he didn’t do it. So who ya gonna believe your lying eyes or Putin.

7 Likes

TPM really needs a sarcasm font.

17 Likes

No doubt Russia targeted states that would matter with the electoral college, the “battleground states”: Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

We’ll never know the truth. Its lies all the way down and all the way up.

9 Likes

Dont worry, Trump and Putin have it handled.

3 Likes